I Think We Have A Winner!

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited StatesPosts: 3,985 admin

The Axon 7 Is The Real Deal

You'd Be Hard-Pressed To Find A Device With A Higher Score

AXON 7.jpg

Comments

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

That is amazing, and so exciting! Go Axon 7!!!!

• ryano'connorryano'connor Milwaukee, WI Posts: 16

Very cool!  I just ran this test on my old Nexus 5 and got a score around 35000

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty good score, though benchmark really doesn't mean much anymore

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

​ is that the 4gb of ram version or the 6gb of ram version? Assuming it's the 4gb model but I want to make sure.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Way to go a7

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,985 admin

You would be correct.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,247 mod

Impressive!!  Where do I add it to my cart?  ;)

• mrbigscreenmrbigscreen United KingdomPosts: 266

Ive seen a video where it onky get 100,000 score, maybe it was a different test...

• That is a sick score. Wonder how the 6gb scores.

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen the video too... I'm also pretty sure it was the same test. Not sure why the scores are so different. Maybe overheating after the speed test?

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

While I don't put too much weight into benchmarks,  it's good to know the Axon 7 has a lot of horsepower behind it.  Giddy up #myaxon! Thanks for the teaser

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,572 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Very Cool!!

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The video everyone is talking about was a preliminary test with first version OS.  Every manufacturer has inhouse testers to improve on the basic functionality.  I am confident in saying that after a few updates this is probably the result after getting feedback.  Lets see what gets officially released.  I am freaking excited about this.  Even if its the 4 GB version we now have the proof it is top notch.  So even if something new comes out with possibly better specs, (and I mean that as there is always something sacrificed)  I feel the Axon 7 will out do for a good while.  Remember, if it follows suit with the predecessor Axon Pro there will be two years of updates, so once you have it. we should all be updated accordingly and running the latest Android flavor.  Talking about that, wait for Android flavor codename Orange.  ;-)

Once we do have it in our hands I do suggest we all run the benchmark and compare here in the forum.  what do you all think?

Well say ​. I'll post my benchmarks as soon as I get my Axon 7. As long as it comes out before Nexus Marlin.  Heyoooooooo, yeah I just went there

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Arrgh!  But I have no retort to that as it is a possibility.  not!! 

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

WHOOP WHOOP!

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

More teasing, I suppose. Benchmarks don't matter much, so many different variables to consider.

True there are some variables.  but these have a basic baseline that they use to calculate processes done within the phone.  if they score high enough that means in theory what ever you throw at it should be handled as good or better or worse than what the benchmark reports.  It just gives you an idea of the possibility of what it can do.

Agreed, though I don't usually find benchmarks tell the whole story of a device, it can give you a good idea what kind of horsepower it has under the hood.

• I just found one!  The Oneplus 3!  I couldn't wait any longer and I'm very happy with the phone and obviously the performance as well!

Screenshot_20160706-115505.png

• tietjetietje Telluride, coPosts: 84

I have to agree with everyone that said benchmarks are a poor benchmark to rate devices these days.

But since it was posted the Oneplus 3 did best it and it is in peoples hands

• dishlexicdishlexic CanadaPosts: 49

OP3 is definitely a killer!

LOL, well played ​.

• I think both of these phones are amazing and really can't be beat.  Either version is a great choice!

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I didn't realize a site could do so well at promoting a competitor's product, until reading this ZTE-based community, where people here clearly have made an excellent case for the One Plus 3 and why it is such a great product to buy. After all, with all these delays of the Axon 7 and all the hype seemingly faked over it not knowing what the actual Axon 7 will turn out to be, it really does appear almost like a complete shill for One Plus.

One could even suggest this to be similar to professional wrestling. A business angers the United States government by selling products to Iran, gets their products delayed for shipping in the U.S., but only the Axon 7. Not the Bluetooth speaker or the new Spro people are forgetting to mention here relating to the supposed embargo. Then the company photoshops the Axon 7 while hyping it for features it either may not have or doesn't have, or even differs for the U.S. market. Meanwhile, more delays keep pushing said Axon 7 back further and further. Yet its closest competitor, One Plus, has its product already available for the past several weeks and doing quite well. Those in the ZTE community promote it quite well, and so people once waiting, and waiting more, then waiting even more throughout the continuing hype and delay of the Axon 7 finally decide enough is enough! They purchase the One Plus 3.

Meanwhile, instead of some definitive information regarding the Axon 7, we get a limited webinar, where perhaps ZTE will answer the many inquiries pertaining to the Axon 7, with "Soon", and "Please be patient", which in essence might as well be "You don't like it, buy a One Plus 3! We are busy Photoshopping images for the Axon 8!"

arysyn I don't understand  why you continue to choose to be a part of this community when it's obvious that you don't like the way it is run by the administrators/moderators and make negative comments towards ZTE. I just feel that you have taken a huge 180 degree turn in your comments since you first joined this forum and it is very frustrating to see someone I have a lot of respect for take such a downward spiral in your conduct on this forum recently.

He is just frustrated and voicing his frustration, we all have them and voice it in different methods and words. While yes I do agree it may be a little on the not so objective side it is just a speculation of what may be occurring.  All forums have their detractors, this one will be no different unfortunately.  Arysyn has the privilege of voicing his opinion as we all do.  We must all keep our objectivity, not single out an instance and keep an open perspective even if we do not agree with it.  This forum is a good one and it's up to all of us to maintain its integrity. 

I know it's like a scratched record, patience is the key to something perfect and worthwhile.  Hang in there and know I'm hanging in there with you.  Many of us are.  ;-)

frodriguez2010 well said :)

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

+1000 likes