Axon 7 Arriving Stateside

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

N is faster than my home internet yes.  But not faster than my work internet

• xblackdemonxxblackdemonx CanadaPosts: 102 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing for CANADA?

• Thanks Peter.

Stinks we're still at the hurry up and wait stage.

• tom604tom604 Vancouver BCPosts: 102

Will the webinar be available to watch afterwards so we can catch up on the details? Anybody know...?

• tom604tom604 Vancouver BCPosts: 102

Get it on pre-order from B&H. Other sites wont ship for free. Disappointing we cant buy direct through ZTE but shouldn't matter...all the same price everywhere...

• jabird101jabird101 Cleveland, OH, USAPosts: 225 ✭✭✭✭✭

In China, Yes, not in the US.  All of the press releases stated this.  China gets 6/128 and the US gets 4/64

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,986 admin

is planning on recording it. We'll just have to remind him so he doesn't forget.

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEO United StatesPosts: 465 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

2014-05-09.gif

• ebay says you'll get it July 20th

374Ebay says July 20th
  • npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

It's not technically faster than my work internet either. Until you add all the firewalls and traffic shaping that they slap onto it anyway.   Bottom line, you'll never get any advantage from having AC on your phone, except POSSIBLY from the beamforming tech (and that will be a very minor range increase). But for internet access, it's pointless.  For something like a Windows laptop pure LAN speed might be a great thing (particularly when uploading ISOs to my NAS heh).  But for a phone you also have to worry about power consumption, cost to implement, antenna layout, etc, so it's not as simple as dumping the latest and greatest thing into the device.

​ doesn't look like it supports RCS.  This is from the Pre-Order page on ZTE USa Website:

FOTAYes
    RCSNo
    NFC

Yes

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm kinda torn on RCS.  Because it's a standard that hasn't been widely adopted it ends up being the equivalent of yet another messaging app that I have to think about the network the recipient is on to get the benefits.  Easier to just use hangouts or whatsapp or whatever with my friends and not have to think about it.

• onarushonarush FloridaPosts: 1

Newegg.com is offering $399 shipped plus a free set of monster dj headphones with Preorder...

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

If only we knew whether the boot loader would be unlocked so we could pre-order with confidence.

I agree, I have to admit I didn't even know what it was until about an hour ago

• flybriflybri LAPosts: 219 ✭✭

Yea same here.  The fact it doesn't support RCS is by no means a deal breaker for me.  Just wish the grey version wouldn't be almost 5 weeks out.  I want to be able to sell my Note 5 already!

• eminayeminay United StatesPosts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great specs and great warranty coverage. And awesome price. Looks to have checked all the boxes. Congratulations on the launch!

• markgmmarkgm Plymouth, CTPosts: 25 ✭✭✭✭

That's an insanely good price for a flagship device!  I know a friend who was looking at getting a used S7, I told him to pick one of these up for probably less money. 

• I would love to order today, but may I ask how can I get the code? Thank you!

Simple answer is you don't.  Users that have been active in the community and have earned 5,000 points through their activity were given a thank you.  AFAIK there aren't any other promotional coupons out there.

• Mmmhm, I'm tempted... but only the gold version will be available soon... which is a big no-no for me. Also no B28 (well, I didn't expect it tbh... but it seems the EU version has it)

Damn -___-

GJ tho ZTE, nice price for some amazing specs.

• I see. It sucks because I never heard of Axon before this device. Oh well. I guess I will purchase from another retailer. Thanks for the response.

• naimaamaranaimaamara PhiladelphiaPosts: 42

omg im so excited i cant concentrate lol

• romeoromeo Irvine CAPosts: 59 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you hollap, I already ordered it because I can't wait longer than that. Been having S4 for 2 and half years. Probably after 2 more years the RCS becomes the standard in all flagship devices.

• jonathan3579jonathan3579 Houston, TXPosts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭

What if we have a coupon that should come along with beta testing? Do we have to cancel our order? Or can it be applied retroactively? Will we even get it before the shipping date? So many questions. :/

• jonathan3579jonathan3579 Houston, TXPosts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great that it'll have capacitive buttons but will we have the choice to use them or on-screen? I'm just asking for science.

I'm not so sure that it will become a standard.  The old Metro PCS started rolling out back in 2012.  It fizzled under the purchase by T-Mobile.  Now T-Mobile has brought it back, but no other major carrier.  While in 2014 AT&T and Verizon were talking about the rollout of VoLTE and how it would enable their networks for RCS in the future, only AT&T has made any progress and it's only available through their proprietary AT&T Messaging apps.

The biggest thing is forget about carrier interoperability on this.  If I can't send between carriers how is it ANY advantage over using a 3rd party messaging service such as Hangouts or Whatsapp or better Allo when it comes soon.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

For science lol

You're welcome