Axon 7 Arriving Stateside

Comments

• dwbostondwboston Posts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost pulled the trigger on a OP3 a few weeks back, but no microSD card was the dealbreaker.  I was close to buying the S7 Edge unliocked model, but $800+ was tough to swallow.  When I saw the A7 pre-order yesterday I jumped on it.  Great looking device with top-notch specs at a great price.  The wait will be tough for the gray version, but I'm looking forward to replacing my 2014 Moto X Pure.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you talking about the A7, because if you are, that's wrong.  The whole reason for the delay in the US was to incorporate the capacitive keys, and that's what's coming in the version here.

• no the 4 gb ram/64 gb is onscreen button(pre-order now). The capacitive is only on the 6gb ram which may come later but no date, believe me ive ask the rep.

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

That's not what they mentioned during the conference call. In the call, and here, the official deal was that capacitive buttons have been added to the 64/4 model and they have some buttonless stock left but they're not selling that as of now. The call mentioned that they do have plans to bring the 128/6 version to the US, but there is no firm date.

• micahdubosemicahdubose Rock Hill SCPosts: 133

Exactly!

• sboothsbooth San Diego, CAPosts: 125

As confirmed multiple times over the past few days by ZTE, including Peter, the US variant will have the capacitive buttons. The feature is also shown on page 11 of the Axon 7 manual for the US (see below).

Scott-

Here is the link to manual: https://community.zteusa.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd28dq596ebml6z.cloudfront.net%2Fmedia%2Fwysiwyg%2FAxon…

axon7pg11.png

• well believe me i want the capacitive too i dont like onscreen, so ive chat with them before commiting to preorder, and ive been told its onscreen. i actually chat with 3 rep just to make sure....can anyone from ZTE confirm this? are we getting capacitive with this preorder?(4gb ram, 64 gb) but if the rep. is wrong thats thats great!

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,414 admin

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the US 4/64 model of the Axon 7 WILL have capacitive buttons.

You are wrong.  So, I guess that's great.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

Not wrong, just misinformed ... We have all been there, when a rep swears they know all, only to find out they were totally clueless. Looks like good news for you

That CFA has made you very diplomatic (or maybe your diplomacy earned you that CFA).  I was purposely being over the top, but since we're there --- misinformed means having the wrong information.  I just went with the shorthand!

• michaellambersonmichaellamberson Dallas, TxPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in!

• Hi, Would the  USB type C charger from Nexus 6p work with Axon 7?

Yes, it should charge at a normal rate just fine.

Scott-

• are you guy still giving $50 off codes

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,414 admin

​ Unfortunately the contest for the $50 off coupons ended already.  You still cant beat the price and it seems that some of ZTE's authorized sellers might have some incentives if you order from them.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,022 admin

We're giving away $100 off of an SPro 2 to the next user that can answer this:

What is the name of the ZTE Tour Truck?

Tag me in the post sshasan.

*$100 off is for the WiFi-only version of the device sold at www.zteusa.com

**Code expires July 31st

*** Users are limited to one code each

**** If you are not in need of a code, please let other users who are interested answer the question

Uhmm... here in San Diego at Comic Con, you simply called it the #ZTEtour truck... it does have a big WOOOOW spelled with six individual phones on the side.

Scott-

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,022 admin

The truck itself is indeed the ZTE Tour Truck... But it was given a special name and it has been mentioned here in the community.

Keep looking, I'm sure you can find it!

• mb2xmb2x Greenville, SCPosts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I know it but I don't need the code

I believe this may have even been a trivia question

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed it was

I figured I'd throw that lil HINT out there...

Just like you to tease the Community LOL

lol I'm gonna leave that one alone

Probably for the best, ​!

• mb2xmb2x Greenville, SCPosts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone tell be the details of the Passport 2.0 warranty? How much is the out of warranty fee (such as if you crack it)? I was wondering how much it was. Someone on here should know Thanks!

​, the deductible for cracked screen or water damage and such appears to be $79.99.  Unlimited repairs for the 2 years, and ZTE pays for shipping both ways. , , or , can you confirm if that is correct?

​ here is a link to a community discussion also here is another link with further info What does the Passport 2.0 warranty cover? I hope this helps some