Axon 7 Arriving Stateside

123457»

Comments

• mb2xmb2x Greenville, SCPosts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. That's pretty fair! I once paid Motorola over $100 with taxes to replace a cracked screen phone.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Woo-hoo!  Thanks ​!

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

Actually, if there's a $79 deductible for warranty repairs, how is this any special? What's the difference between in warranty and out of warranty repairs?

• mb2xmb2x Greenville, SCPosts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rarely will a company replace a cracked phone screen or water damaged phone under warranty for free. In warranty repairs cover hardware malfunctions and such that occur under normal operating conditions. Out of warranty repairs include things that happen outside of normal operating conditions or after the warranty expires. Many people pay insurance premiums for what ZTE offers for free. Sure, there is a deductable, but so is there with almost any other phone insurance plan. The difference is that you are not paying a premium per month. It's pretty sweet!

• vagavaga USAPosts: 347 ✭✭✭

I'm not necessarily asking for free repairs, but is $79 any significantly cheaper than for other manufacturers? What is actually included free in the warranty?

• louisdlouisd United StatesPosts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Warranties cover manufacturing defects.  Things YOU didn't do to the phone.  Anything else is on you.

• Hi I pre ordered the quartz gray and I am really excited for all the out of this world specs with that price. My question was, does the folio only come in like gold or beighe color?

• sboothsbooth San Diego, CAPosts: 125

At this time, it is only available in that soft gold finish. Hopefully, that will change by the time the Quartz Gray is released or in the very near future. Until then, at least they give us a decent clear soft TPU case free in the box. It looks like this:

a7tpu.png

• too bad its on back order till 9/9 ive ordered but waiting b&h but the note

7 is coming before that

• So do you think it be available after the axon 7 quartz gray will come or is there a possibility that my axon comes with it if I ask for it? Thanks

• the gold is 8/17 and 9/9 depending when you ordered i did the day it came

out so 9/9 is when i get gold the grey is 8/17 glad alot of people ordered

because xda will support it with all the people buying one but if you root

you want get Android N and that is needed for daydream support

You can email and ask ZTE USA in Texas for it, but I doubt they will include or offer them at the same time the Gray Axon 7 is released on August 18. All the reference case part numbers thus far are the same and look to be the gold version so a gray or black folio case would certainly need a new part number.

Either way, I am sure there will be multiple third-party companies offering various solutions on eBay, etc. Some people in this community are also trying to get Otterbox to make something thin/light for the Axon 7 here:

Scott-

FYI guys:

A cool accessory for the Axon 7. I just ordered the Army Grey.

• Hey does the Axon 7 have Infrared Sensor? Like the ability to change channels on my tv

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,823 admin

The Axon 7 does not have an IR blaster.

These days, most smart TV's and other audio/video components are local area network connected and there are plenty of apps available to wirelessly control these items via your local network or directly via Bluetooth. In other words, IR blaster is still a nice old-school feature, but technology developments have made it virtually irrelevant.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,559 mod

Hey to those of you that have received the Axon 7 what are your thoughts on the fingerprint scanner? Those that haven't yet received, but hope to soon, or maybe you just are happy with your current phone. What gestures would you like to see the fingerprint scanner capable of? Let me know over here Fingerprint Scanner Gestures {Axon 7} Feature Request