Comments

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

July 7th is so far tho. lol

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It could be any day now!!!

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ Lol, no I just made that up!

• ryano'connorryano'connor Milwaukee, WI Posts: 16

From a marketing perspective (and my company does not specialize in phones), but I would say the date of 7/7 is pretty low hanging fruit to capitalize on the name of the phone - likewise right after a holiday as people get back to work.  (besides, in a pitch meeting and/or as a way to win the business / differentiate one company from another I would use a unique date like 7/7 to help)

As a marketer I would say whoever is working with ZTE, internal team or not- usually not,  is far less "in the know" as a community like this one where hours and days matter as much.  a couple weeks after an International launch doesn't seem like much time from the eyes of a marketing company -  especially since it would give time to work out kinks from that launch for a US launch on a name specific date, 7/7.   Here's me hoping we would get a 7 day countdown starting today for the announcement / event on the 7th. 

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They also seemed to make a big deal out of the NBA Finals game 7 and had 77 winners of the $77 off code with the facebook and twitter contests. So they do seem to be in tune with the promotional aspects of using the number 7.

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would make more sense to me also to have the announcement on July 7 rather than July 4. It would be an easy way to get extra attention and capitalize on the name/number, and seems to be a bit of a trend anyway.