Weekly Roundup [October 21, 2016]

petershihpetershih ZTE FanaticUnited StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to our weekly roundup on Z-Community! Here are this week's highlights:

Hot Topics

Preview of Coming Week(s)

1. Several weeks ago, we talked about updates to our bootloader program. We are delighted to share that the stock image file and process is in final stages of testing
  2. In other R&D development, our 3rd software update for the Axon 7 is also undergoing final testing. If all goes according to plan, you will be receiving this latest update in the coming week or two

Comments

• xxbrun0xxxxbrun0xx Hartford, CTPosts: 69

Yay for stock images, better bootloader unlock process, and software updates! Hopefully the first 2 will help get more devs on board!

• shoman94shoman94 MainePosts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

ugh... another week or two for an update.  I really hope it fixes a few things.... signal being my number one concern.

• As an new customer (Axon7 arrives tonight) I am encouraged to see the activity on the board.  Makes me very hopeful for the future of the product and hopefully the ability to take advantage of an unlocked boot loader (please don't void the warranty)!

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,120 mod

All great news for the coming weeks!!! Great job everyone and a big THANK YOU to for keeping us all informed!!

• I have the feeling all of the news posted about the Axon 7 is for the US model, and EU is forgotten.

Could you confirm that it's also for EU model

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This site is solely dedicated to our US customers at this time. I understand your frustration and will pass along your feedback to our EU team.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi ​, welcome to the Forum!!!

Congrats on your new Axon 7, if you have any questions or comments feel free to post them.   We are pretty quick on responding!!

• Thanks for the updates Peter, fantastic as always!

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the updates as usual!

• Do you in any case have info about the EU model? In what stage is the bootloader unlock that was tested by rikin93 on XDA some weeks ago? And is this still a thing?

• teutonjon78teutonjon78 USAPosts: 326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for keeping us updated and for staying on top of ZTE for the things the users have been requesting. It seems like that when this happens, the promises I bought the phone based on will be fulfilled (assuming of course, the process continues for the lifetime of the phone, not just a single factory image).

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,559 mod

Awesome, as always!

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks ZTE for coming through and listening to the community!

• efranktankefranktank United StatesPosts: 11 ✭✭✭✭

Are we ever going to get an update on the bootloader Program?

I know you released the image file, but no new bootloader program that I am aware of.