Axon 7 Mini (B2017G) US Nougat Preview

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited States Posts: 1,368 admin

Axon 7 Mini Users are Invited to a Nougat Preview!

Last month we brought Nougat to the Axon 7 and just a few weeks back updated that experience to 7.1.1.  Now we’re ready to bring that same experience to the Axon 7 Mini and are inviting all Axon 7 Mini users to participate in a preview of this Nougat 7.1.1 update!

This preview enables you to get familiarized and test out new features and functionalities on the Axon 7 Mini while providing ZTE with your feedback on performance, stability and overall usability.  So how do you participate? The preview will be conducted through our user forum, Z-Community, where you can sign up and register.  Selected participants will need to:

• Strictly follow our Non-Disclosure Agreement
  • Complete all assigned tasks and surveys on time
  • Provide detailed bug reports

The start and end date of this Nougat preview will be shared with the selected team, but is subject to change based on project requirements.

So what are you waiting for? Space is very limited so sign up today using the link below.  We will contact you if you are selected.

Axon 7 Mini B2017G Nougat Preview Participation Form

Comments

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Cat's out of the bag!  Looks like Mini is officially getting Nougat!  And 7.1.1 to boot!  I'm signed up!

• Hopefully I can help test it out. Its good to get dev confirmation guys thank you.

• Been waiting for this for a while. I hope me and my Mini get selected.

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Android 7.1.1 for a sub-$300 phone? I mean, some manufacturers are only pushing out 7.0 now, mind you they're flagships too. I'm seriously proud of ZTE and the updates they've been pushing.

• Super excited! Can't wait to see if I make the list! I've been beta testing other devices (OnePlus 2, Nexus 7) and am super thrilled that we have confirmation of 7.1.1!

• shadowsportsshadowsports United StatesPosts: 113 ✭✭✭✭✭

My gamble on ZTE is paying off.  Family member (Mom) is getting Nougat.  .  Won't ask her to sign up for preview, but this announcement is promising.  Good luck with the testing guys!  

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

this is great news, glad they are going straight to the 7.1.1 update

• I'm waiting for this update

• Was debating between buying the 7 mini and the BLU Life One X2 glad I chose this one. ZTE is already doing a much better job with updates than BLU has ever done. Signed up, hope I'm selected. Now all I need is a decent tempered glass screen protector.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

OMG yea BLU is horrible with updates. Mediatek is one of the worst chip-set manufacturers and they almost never release the code needed for OEMS to make updates available and yet the company still chooses them as there main supplier. Its a shock Blu is still in business, when they first came out they shocked the market with the pricing in the US but things are so much different now

• I already signed in, i hope this update addresses a lot of the other issues mention on other treads like the Bluetooth and headphone jack.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is great news for the A7, Mini owners.

No doubt ​! it's just good to see ZTE back on track with updates after the Holiday lull!

• Well done ZTE, thank you

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod

Awesome news! Will make for some happy, happy owners!

• Well done. I can't wait to get the alpha version of 7.1.1 ...

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,368 admin

Registration is now closed for this preview.  Thanks to all who registered.  You will be contacted if you are selected.

• ddog6900ddog6900 Omaha, NEPosts: 17

Has anyone been contacted yet? I know it just closed yesterday, but my wife and daughter's Moto G4 Pluses just got 7.0 and I'm anxious t to know if I'll get a shot at the preview. I guess I'm just to used to Nexus devices, I've never had to wait this long. Lol

According to stats, only 3% of all Android devices are running nougat. This tells me a few things.  ZTE is doing an awesome job at working on getting Nougat to its devices.  Google does not sell very many Nexus and Pixel devices, or that number would be much higher.

• dischapodischapo Nevada, USAPosts: 24

Hope its soon. My sister has a Moto G4 Plus as well and it looks pretty smooth.

• ladyhazyladyhazy United KingdomPosts: 71 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn. Why did this have to happen whilst I was on holiday :-/

Excited about the Axon 7 Mini getting Nougat, and really hope that ZTE are considering some of the suggestions for improvement listed here, and in other people's posts -- [dark theme, customisable notification LED, emergency contact info on lock screen, optional notification bell, screen-on time in battery stats, album artwork displayed on lock screen, etc.]

• chavochavo D/FWPosts: 85 ✭✭✭✭✭

All very good suggestions. Hopefully the existing bugs will be addressed as well.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,368 admin

At this time all users have been selected and should have an email directing you to the NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement).  Please sign the form ASAP and you will be contacted with further instructions. For those who have signed the NDA please do not comment publicly as you will be invited to a private forum.

• Please choose me.  I would love to be on board for beta testing.  I am also pretty Tech savvy. Talk soon ZTE.  Till than,  thank you,

William

• chavochavo D/FWPosts: 85 ✭✭✭✭✭

just found the NDA link in my email yesterday,checked the link and it was no longer valid....oh well

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,611 mod

Got to jump quick on these applications as they are only open a limited time. Keep an eye on ​ for all up-coming beta tests.

​ It is always in the best interest of innovation to move ahead quickly. Beta tests usually begin very shortly after team selection, so it is always best to respond immediately to all correspondence or risk losing your spot. No worries though there will be other opportunities  

• Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with settings force closing. I can't access storage settings,or my hardware information

I can see my storage fine and no ccrashing either.  ​, did you try to clear the cache partition?

to clear partition cache:

1. power down phone

2. press the power and volume up key simultaneously until you feel a few small vibrations

3. press volume down until you highlight "wipe cache partition"

4. press power to wipe the cache partition (It's really quick, but will state when it's finished on the bottom of the screen)

5. highlight Reboot system now and let system boot normally