SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on Build B19

AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community AdministratorUnited States Posts: 1,371 admin

Over the next 48 hours, Axon 7 A2017U users will be able to update their software to build B19 (Android 7.1.1). This update is a significant one and will be required if you are currently on B15 (7.0 Nougat). If you are currently on B15, this software update will auto-install when you are connected via Wi-Fi. For those who do not wish to upgrade to B19, please refrain from connecting to Wi-Fi. Note: if you are not currently on B15 Nougat, you will have complete control of when you wish to upgrade to Nougat. Lastly, below are the release notes for B19:

Release Notes:

• Android OS upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1.1
  • T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Support
  • Daydream update and optimization
  • Google Security patches updated through Feburary 2017
  • Caller ID (HIYA) update
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements and other bug fixes

Comments

• blackson_jacksonblackson_jackson Edison, NJPosts: 10 ✭✭

This is amazing, thank you ZTE!! Updating and installing at this very moment

• mismarmismar Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thanks ZTE! I just upgraded and everything is smooth! First non-pixelm non-nexus phone in 7.1.1, excellent!

• Awesome, thanks ZTE for this very good and up-to-date phone at a decent price!

• hokiealhokieal Posts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!  T-Mobile wifi calling is great.

• ZTE you rock! Thank you so much for providing this early 7.1.1 update. Hope in future updates we will receive double tap to sleep and ambient display functionality.

• quantomikquantomik Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭

I'm downloading now with high hopes. I have been getting some performance issues so when I saw "Miscellaneous performance improvements and bug fixes" I got excited.

• "The system update package did not match the phone".

Reboots into recovery mode.

4GB US version

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing , thank you for having such a fast release and get us users to 7.1.1 (3rd. device that I know so far) and be 1 step forward compare to other OEM'S, thumb up guys.

• Thanks!

Is the camera autofocus problem fixed?

• tomwattstomwatts Posts: 39 ✭✭✭✭

I hope the Capacitive Keys are now lighted/backlit. Any confirmation?

• bmactobmacto Posts: 7 ✭✭

Same here - do you have encryption on?  (I do, perhaps that is the difference from everyone else?)

• Is the same update coming for the mini soon too? Can't wait for T-Mobile wifi calling on the mini

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is a software update, it does not modify the phone hardware.

• mazmanmazman Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

Same here. Tried 3 times. Encryption NOT on.

• Encryption not on

• kyngoflyonzkyngoflyonz United StatesPosts: 183 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything seems much more snappier. Could be a placebo effect. But so far so good. Great job.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Screen-lock cleaning is as aggressive as before on B15.

True Phone Dialer and aCalendar+ are always killed on my phone and it still cannot be disabled.

• Was home screen app shortcuts not included in the overall 7.1.1 upgrade? Can't seem to use them if it was.

• bmactobmacto Posts: 7 ✭✭

I just tried again and I was successful - as far as a I can tell, I did nothing different except I didnt let my screen "go to sleep" - I wanted to see what happened.

BTW, the first time I checked after the failure, it said my phone was up to date.  30min later, it let me try again.

That wasn't working for me either. I just switched back to Nova launcher to enjoy that feature.

• bfcbbfcb Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

still no system ui tuner...

• ggregggreg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭

Screen coming on during call issue is still present. Momentarily lifting the phone from ear and bringing it back deactivates the screen again, but may have to be repeated several times during a call.

This really needs to be fixed.

Thanks.

• killer23dkiller23d Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

Will there be a full SD version for those who are still on Marshmallow?

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Very impressed with the timing of this update. It fixed my WhatsApp lag, and overall ironed out any small kinks that were present in B15. March 1st security patch too! One bad thing I noticed was that the stock messenger app doesn't want to open, and keeps force-closing. Not a huge deal though as I installed another messenger app. Thank you ZTE!

Edit: Rebooting is also A LOT faster than before.

• blackson_jacksonblackson_jackson Edison, NJPosts: 10 ✭✭

Yes and hopefully app shortcuts

What is that

Agreed. I forgot about this issue but it can certainly be annoying

• bfcbbfcb Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

bring down your notification shade. Press and hold on the gear icon until you see it spins very fast. On phones with working system ui, there will be a message that pops up saying congratz system ui has been added to settings. On the axon 7, the gear wil just keep spinning forever with no system ui activating.

But what does the system ui do?

• black_eagleblack_eagle TorontoPosts: 33 ✭✭✭✭

Wow.. Thank you ZTE