Ask the Expert - ZTE Quartz Smartwatch

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited StatesPosts: 4,021 admin

You asked, we answered!  Check out the newest Ask the Expert blog post on the ZTE Quartz Smartwatch where our product expert Jeff Yee provides insights on the smartwatch and why it’s the right choice for anyone.

Ask The Expert: The ZTE Quartz Smartwatch

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well done ​. Great product at a great price, I just don't have a need for a smartwatch.

• sh9nesh9ne TennesseePosts: 2

I just seen your app on ZTE communication and I was wondering if I could get into it I do have a ZTE phone and it is not hooked up I don't know what the qualifications you're asking for but if you could let me know I would like to get with you guys as company and see where I can go I do not have any experience with your company though so I'll just be learning everything on my own

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi ​   Great Product!!

Here is your first question

For the ZTE Quartz is it possible to run the Waze App from your phone on the Quartz?

• sh9nesh9ne TennesseePosts: 2

Would you like me to run the app first because I don't have the courts watch out I'll see if my phone will let me download the app

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Should the questions be asked here, on the actual blog post, or through social media like the blog post says? If it's on social media maybe it would help to have a hashtag.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,021 admin

Feel free to ask additional questions directed at Jeff Yee here or head over to ​ and ask away.

Yes please do.  Then after the phone has the app started will you be able to see the app on the Quartz watch?

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you asking if once you install the app on your phone if it is synced to the watch automatically? That is how Android Wear 1 use to work but now AW 2.0 requires you to install each app on the watch itself. Apps that have a watch companion app that are installed on your phone can be found by opening the Play Store on the watch and scrolling to the bottom.

yes that's what I was asking!!  Thank you.

• jyeejyee VP, Product Marketing & Strategy San Francisco, CAPosts: 129 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a Waze user so it's not one of the apps that I've loaded onto my Quartz watch.  I don't know all the apps that are on Android Wear (wish I could try them all... but alas not enough time in the day).  If it helps, you can find a list of apps at: Android Wear - Android Apps on Google Play

• Hi Jeff,  Can I use google maps to navigate with directions without having my cell phone on me? I want to use my watch to navigate a cross town bike ride, but I want to leave my phone at home.

Yes you can. Google Maps is a supported Android Wear app, and this is the perfect use case and reason that we developed this watch to free you from your phone when you don't need/want to carry it.

• I ask the question in another form on this site also and was told that I would still need the phone. so getting a lot of good feedback on here but it's now looking like conflicting info

The watch has both GPS and a data connection that is independent from a phone, so you can use Google Maps without a phone.

Also note that if you want to change your location settings it can be configured for accuracy and battery optimization. There are three choices if you go to Settings, Connectivity, Location and then Mode.

Hope this helps.