The New & Improved Z-Community [6/15/17]

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

looks awesome. great job!

• I definitely am missing the nested replies, but think by days end we all will have this site covered! Gladly will give up the nested mess for all this site does offer compared.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,916 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dnewman007 said:
    Are we starting over on points and member ranking?

The way I understand it we are starting over yes. :)

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@dnewman007 said:

If I'm being honest, I don't like this. I personally worked hard to build points and now to start over?? :neutral:

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,916 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There's a few bugs and quirks to iron out still, but so far I like it much better than the old site. Kudos to @sshasan and @aerospaceman for all their hard work and those at ZTE who helped out! Now it's up to us to make it even better!

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,409 admin

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I've mentioned several times that I use a Nexus 9 tablet for everything that I've posted in the forum and with the new layout the type (print) is too dim and too small.

We are working on darkening the text a bit... as far as font size, I'll see what we can do.

• jasonejasone TennesseePosts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nice new refresh guys, going to take some getting use to and hopefully we work out all the kinks early. Thanks to everyone who is helping out.

I'd love to see a dark theme option though.

• nibiru2012nibiru2012 Austin TXPosts: 343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2017 11:32AM

@dnewman007 said:

@hollap said:

@dnewman007 said:

If I'm being honest, I don't like this. I personally worked hard to build points and now to start over?? :neutral:

In several ways I must agree with https://community.zteusa.com/forums/profile/dnewman007, I was around in the upper level ranging from around 56-61 in ranking.

Now not that I live my life vicariously through this website but it's still somewhat of disappointment that we've all be returned to basically a "Start Level".

There were, to be honest, a lot a whiners and complainers burning up a lot of space with their "issues". Never seemed to be satisfied regardless of what came down from the ZTE ROM update team.

Okay... stepping down from my soapbox now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.
    Will there no longer be an Axon 7 Nougat Beta testers section? Tried to navigate to the page I had bookmarked in my browser and it's a no-go now.

• beaugartbeaugart Illinois, USAPosts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only have one minor issue: I had always used Google sign in and that option was not available (with no information about how to sign in to your account if you had used Google) so it was a trial and error. Finally figured it out and was able to log in, but I wonder how many people didn't figure it out that used the facebook or Google login.

@nibiru2012 For users that are in beta... Click on ''Labs'' at the top of the homepage and then click on ''Beta Labs'' . If the user is part of a beta project they will have access to their specific space.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 420 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to make the text in these forums bolder? The printing or words are too dim if that makes sense. The forum is very hard to read. I can increase the size of the font but the words are still too hard to read. So far this is a major step backwards. And I also noticed on the topics page you can no longer see the date of the post or even the last post. The previous forums were so much better. If there isn't any way to increase the boldness of the words I might just have to finally leave. The way the forum is now it hurts my eyes to read it.

@ram1220 said:
    Is there a way to make the text in these forums bolder? The printing or words are too dim if that makes sense. The forum is very hard to read. I can increase the size of the font but the words are still too hard to read. So far this is a major step backwards. And I also noticed on the topics page you can no longer see the date of the post or even the last post. The previous forums were so much better. If there isn't any way to increase the boldness of the words I might just have to finally leave. The way the forum is now it hurts my eyes to read it.

We are looking into both of these.

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 543 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@trotter said:

@wiseman13 said:
    All of my beautify points and badges gone!!!! I am already missing the nested replies. That is going to make some discussions a lot harder to follow.

@runtohell121 said:
    Nested replies are something I did miss like @wiseman13 said... It was easier to follow some comments in a nested reply as opposed to a flat reply layout via just quotes.

Just means we will need to start using the quote feature more to help make it clear who we are talking to in the conversation.

Hate losing my badges and such, but it's not a huge deal.

I have no clue about Markdown, though. I am much more familiar with BBCode.

Quote is great, but does not make it easy to find everything referencing a single item. This is why I would not move to Slack for work and find Team a better option. Sometimes a dedicated sub thread is what you need. This is especially true when you are evaluating a new build and there might be multiple concurrent issues that need to be discussed.

The lose of the ability to edit a post is a mixed bag. When there are a large number of items to test it is sometimes nice to keep updating the same post with progress, but I guess now we just need a new post for each step.

• nibiru2012nibiru2012 Austin TXPosts: 343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    @nibiru2012 For users that are in beta... Click on ''Labs'' at the top of the homepage and then click on ''Beta Labs'' . If the user is part of a beta project they will have access to their specific space.

It worked! Thank you for the guidance, it's appreciated!

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2017 3:39PM

@wiseman13 said:
    The lose of the ability to edit a post is a mixed bag. When there are a large number of items to test it is sometimes nice to keep updating the same post with progress, but I guess now we just need a new post for each step.

You CAN edit any post you have created....that hasn't change in the forum.

Edit: Forgot to mention you need to click/tap in Gear icon to edit existing post.

• thecarpenterthecarpenter Mesquite, TexasPosts: 635 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    I've mentioned several times that I use a Nexus 9 tablet for everything that I've posted in the forum and with the new layout the type (print) is too dim and too small.

Is that a ZTE product @jimlloyd40 ?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 16, 2017 4:02PM

@thecarpenter said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

Is that a ZTE product @jimlloyd40 ?

Is HTC / Google product.

@jimlloyd40
    Font is just perfect for me, and I use the Display Size Small + 70% reduction from Chrome

@drakenfx said:

@wiseman13 said:

Edit: Forgot to mention you need to click/tap in Gear icon to edit existing post.

Does not show up on the desktop. I checked on my phone and it is not there either. Maybe you have some additional perms? @sshasan any ideas?

@wiseman13 said:

@drakenfx said:

@wiseman13 said:

Does not show up on the desktop. I checked on my phone and it is not there either. Maybe you have some additional perms? @sshasan any ideas?

Looking into this.

@sshasan said:

@wiseman13 said:

@drakenfx said:

@wiseman13 said:

Looking into this.

@wiseman13 We've added in a 1-week edit window for users.

• tfrank85tfrank85 Fort Lauderdale, FlPosts: 76 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loving the new look!

• mpulleympulley Arlington, TxPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Nice layout and display

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Love it, so far. Good job.

• @westside80 I see basic emojis on my side, are you referring to mobile, or beyond basic emojis? ;)

@westside80 There are 16 preconfigured emojis available on the site but any from an outside source won't show up on the site.