Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 Mini (B2017G) now on Nougat 7.1.1 Build (B12)

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AMRROL said:
    Update went very smooth. Only 1 problem, and it is a major one. When I search for cellular networks, all it returns is null values followed by numbers. It will not display any networks. It connects to my carrier automatically both in the USA and France, but I cannot get any connectivity with 4G. Any ideas on how to correct this.

hi, @AMRROL , have you try to reset the network settings and/or manually enter the apn?

• I'm a UK user and want to know if we here in the UK will get the update to Nougat soon? Will this be within the 48hours mentioned above or will this be released at a later time? Good work for getting it out guys.

• I am still waiting for the update to arrive. I have auto update on. is there anything else I can do to force download?

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jonnjonzzn said:
    Anybody else seeing much higher battery usage? Also quickcharge does not appear to be consistently working. Just seeing if anyone else out there has seen same/similar behavior and what they might have done to improve the situation.

Battery life is not as good as marshmallow. My quick charge seems to be fine though,

@AMRROL said:
    Update went very smooth. Only 1 problem, and it is a major one. When I search for cellular networks, all it returns is null values followed by numbers. It will not display any networks. It connects to my carrier automatically both in the USA and France, but I cannot get any connectivity with 4G. Any ideas on how to correct this.

@AMRROL , have you tried verifying your APNs are set correctly? Also you can try wiping the cache partition to see if that helps.

@ceporce said:
    Today I have just installed this update with some changes for me positive and negative as follows:

Positive 1- Now using Nova launcher I can block the phone by double tap on the screen using screen lock method
    Device Admin....with previous firmware I had to unlock by pattern and not fingerprint, now it locks
    and I can unlock it by fingerprint.
    2- A bit smoother

Negative 1- As with previous firmware Whatsapp keeps me online even if I minimize the application so other
    people view I am online for 15 minutes at least while I minimize the app....the only way to get
    offline is terminating the Whatsapp application...I thought with this firmware this problem could
    get solved :(
    2- Now to view photos on the Gallery I can't view a photo until it refreshes all thumbnails, now with
    about 250 photos on my gallery it takes like 20 seconds in order to view a photo....with previous
    firmware only took like 2 seconds, I think thumbnails was held on a caché to avoid this delay
    3- Camera flash still very inacurate as with previous firmware, close photos gets over exposure and
    out of focus on the majority of photos...I don't know if is a deficient software or a hardware
    limitation

I hope this information helps ZTE in order to improve this excellent phone.

@ceporce , you can try wiping the cache partition for issue number 2 above. It's worth a shot.

• wxbosswxboss Oakland Park, FLPosts: 20

Installed it earlier today, and so far it is running smooth with no noticeable issues.

• echeniqueechenique peruPosts: 1 ✭✭

Problema :
    Escaneo de redes sale números .
    Cuándo está cargando sale en idioma inglés estando el idioma del teléfono en español.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2017 11:45PM

Hola @echenique

Veo que tú idioma es el español , pero para preferencia en el este foro sería bueno que escribieras en inglés y así otro miembro pueda ayudarte

Hi @echenique
    I see you prefer language is Spanish, but forum preference is in English and that way other forum members can jump in and help.

Problema :
    Escaneo de redes sale números .
    Cuándo está cargando sale en idioma inglés estando el idioma del teléfono en español.

1. A qué te refieres a " escaneas y sale números? "
    2. Cuando cargas el teléfono sale en inglés porque la aplicación de el lockscreen NO depende del idioma que tienes activado

1. What you mean by " Network Scan input numbers? "
    2. When you device is charging, English is the default language of the Lockscreen app and doesn't NOT depend on the language you have selected.
  • I live in Cyprus , i don't get the update . Advise please ?
    Regards , Dan .

• i dont received this update for android nougat, is only for US version? sorry for this question :(

@blateru said:
    I live in Cyprus , i don't get the update . Advise please ?
    Regards , Dan .

The update was for US model only. Thanks!

@slukan said:
    i dont received this update for android nougat, is only for US version? sorry for this question :(

@slukan you are correct it was the US model only.

• @hollap and have date for EU model outing?

• @hollap said:

@AMRROL said:

@AMRROL , have you tried verifying your APNs are set correctly? Also you can try wiping the cache partition to see if that helps.

Yes, the APNs are correct. I wiped the cache partition too. No joy. Still return null value when I search for network operators. It will connect automatically, but I cannot choose a particular operation due to the null values. It does this for both my T-Mobile sim as well as my Bouygues Telecom sim (my French acct). All worked just fine before the update. Does anyone know where I can download the prior update zte B2017G V1.0.0B21

• I don't know if anyone actually seems to care about answering questions, honest questions, on here but I'll ask again. When will the UK update to Android Nougat for the Axon 7 Mini be released? ZTE UK are about as useful as a punctured condom for customer support and their website is diabolical to say the least. Can someone please please please find out and give us an answer as we seem to have been left out in the cold. I'm just getting a little sick and tired of being shrugged off by company's customer services. If not....ZTE....This will be the last device I buy from you as we get zip from you here in the UK and were a big economic country....one you seem to be willing to cause problems for.

@alchemy said:
    I don't know if anyone actually seems to care about answering questions, honest questions, on here but I'll ask again. When will the UK update to Android Nougat for the Axon 7 Mini be released? ZTE UK are about as useful as a punctured condom for customer support and their website is diabolical to say the least. Can someone please please please find out and give us an answer as we seem to have been left out in the cold. I'm just getting a little sick and tired of being shrugged off by company's customer services. If not....ZTE....This will be the last device I buy from you as we get zip from you here in the UK and were a big economic country....one you seem to be willing to cause problems for.

Unfortunately @alchemy the US division is totally separate from the UK division, and they don't communicate much with each other. I don't understand it myself, but that's the way it is. So for your honest answer, there's no way for us to know when ZTE UK will update their software. Thanks!

@slukan said:
    @hollap and have date for EU model outing?

Sorry @slukan, as I mentioned to @alchemy there is no way for us to know that.

@AMRROL said:

@hollap said:

@AMRROL said:

Yes, the APNs are correct. I wiped the cache partition too. No joy. Still return null value when I search for network operators. It will connect automatically, but I cannot choose a particular operation due to the null values. It does this for both my T-Mobile sim as well as my Bouygues Telecom sim (my French acct). All worked just fine before the update. Does anyone know where I can download the prior update zte B2017G V1.0.0B21

@AMRROL would it be possible for you to post a screenshot? Have you tried the SIMs one at a time and in both slots?

• soarer1000soarer1000 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2017 11:43PM

People, I need urgent help! After update to 7.1.1 I have big problems with phone. Really want roll back to 6.0.1 (US version for B2017G) but cannot find software to download. Any suggestion? Thanks

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,005 admin

@soarer1000 What issues are you running into?

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 211 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this update finally fixed the issues with bluetooth metatags not being displayed on cars?

@twinturboz

Here's what I see after the latest update. I just ran out to my car t@twinturboz

Everything shows except for the album at while using Spotify. I don't have any music downloaded to the device at this time.

edited June 27, 2017 8:34PM

@sshasan said:
    @soarer1000 What issues are you running into?

After update to 7.1.1 the phone doesn't see my cellular provider network. Actually, it recognized as 'Away" and phone is in roaming mode. No able to make and receive calls. All other functions work ok. Wipe cache, sim re-insert, factory reset and other sim card use do not help. 30 min talking with provider doesn't help as well) ZTE support say it looks like provider issue, provider say it is phone issue)) Have fun...
    One picture shows Axon 7 mini with issues, other one my Axon 7 updated to 7.1.1 without problems.

@soarer1000 With the SIM card in the device, please take a screenshot of Settings---> Dual SIM Settings--- Network Mode and upload here.

edited June 27, 2017 9:05PM

@sshasan said:
    @soarer1000 With the SIM card in the device, please take a screenshot of Settings---> Dual SIM Settings--- Network Mode and upload here.

Have tried all options (LTE/WCDMA/GSM, ot WCDMA/GSM or GSM)...no result. My provider use AWS 1700 band

@soarer1000 said:

@sshasan said:

Have tried all options (LTE/WCDMA/GSM, ot WCDMA/GSM or GSM)...no result. My provider use AWS 1700 band

Which carrier is this? Have you tried making a new APN profile aside for the one that is auto-populated?

@sshasan said:

@soarer1000 said:

@sshasan said:

Which carrier is this? Have you tried making a new APN profile aside for the one that is auto-populated?

The carrier is Freedom Mobile (Canada) APN setting is not available since network doesn't accept phone as belonged to. (I guess)

@soarer1000 said:

@sshasan said:

@soarer1000 said:

@sshasan said:

The carrier is Freedom Mobile (Canada) APN setting is not available since network doesn't accept phone as belonged to. (I guess)

I feel like we've gone through this before but I could be wrong.

Make sure data roaming is off, VoLTE is off and switch back to LTE/WCDMA/GSM. Then reboot the phone. Let me know what shows up afterwards.