SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 Mini (B2017G) now on Nougat 7.1.1 Build (B12)

Comments

• ojdiditojdidit Posts: 1 ✭✭

I live in Texas and I'm on T-Mobile and as of today still no upgrade to my Axon 7 Mini software version MiFavor 4.0 ZTE B2017G V1.0.0B02. I have written two emails to support and no response. I called support and they told me to contact google. I went to google and their website sends me back to ZTE. It would have been much better for ZTE to tell me that they have no intention of providing any answers or support. Not unhappy with phone however I will not buy another ZTE product due to the fact that they don't provide any support. ZTE should stand for S.O.O.L. (S.hit O.ut O.f L.uck)

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,156 admin

@ojdidit ... I tried to continue support with you via Direct Message but did not hear back from you. Send me your IMEI and I can send an email out later today to find out if your device somehow got kicked off the server.

• Dan_PDan_P Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

@gweeper64: Yes, did a search, looks like Virgin Mobile has the device. However no usable downloads for me to restore what the phone had before:

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/step-by-step-phone-guides.html?q=os-upgrades

• razvicrazvic Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2017 11:16AM

As of today my replacement unit (that was a nice touch to get a direct replacement unit when I damaged my LCD) still shows no sign of Nougat update. here is what the update page looks like:

Not quite sure why that is. I got the replacement unit on June 15, right when Nougat release was coming out. Somehow this phone is not on the "upgradable" list, even though is based in US... :(

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@razvic said:
    As of today my replacement unit (that was a nice touch to get a direct replacement unit when I damaged my LCD) still shows no sign of Nougat update. here is what the update page looks like:

Not quite sure why that is. I got the replacement unit on June 15, right when Nougat release was coming out. Somehow this phone is not on the "upgradable" list, even though is based in US... :(

@razvic, I'm including @sshasan and @aerospaceman on as they should be able to assist you directly. Please wait for one of them to contact you. If they don't hit me up again and I'll make sure they do. We'll get you squared away!

Thanks @hollap . So far this is the only thing I heard. My phone shows the same.. Very disappointing. :'(

@razvic, I'm including @sshasan and @aerospaceman on as they should be able to assist you directly. Please wait for one of them to contact you. If they don't hit me up again and I'll make sure they do. We'll get you squared away!

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,814 mod

@razvic said:
    Thanks @hollap . So far this is the only thing I heard. My phone shows the same.. Very disappointing. :'(

Just to clarify @razvic have you cleared your cache ?

Clearing Cache-
    Power the phone off > Then press and hold volume up key and the power button
    The phone will boot into recovery mode > Using the volume down, select the clear cache option
    Press power to select this option and then the volume down to confirm by selecting YES > Press power to select yes.

@musicdjm said:

@razvic said:

Just to clarify @razvic have you cleared your cache ?

Clearing Cache-
    Power the phone off > Then press and hold volume up key and the power button
    The phone will boot into recovery mode > Using the volume down, select the clear cache option
    Press power to select this option and then the volume down to confirm by selecting YES > Press power to select yes.

Cleared the cache (though I do not remember reading that as a step in the upgrade instructions posted on page 1 of this thread), but the phone is still showing the same status.

• sajksajk Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

My phone just stop working today with freedom mobile after updating it to Android 7.The claim regarding that this phone is not compatible with freedom mobile is false as my phone worked perfectly until today. It only stopped working after the software update. Anybody was able to figure out a solution?

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sajk said:
    My phone just stop working today with freedom mobile after updating it to Android 7.The claim regarding that this phone is not compatible with freedom mobile is false as my phone worked perfectly until today. It only stopped working after the software update. Anybody was able to figure out a solution?

hi, @sajk ,how old is your sim card? there were users who reports that they need a new sim card to get the phone working on freedom mobile.

hi, @sajk ,how old is your sim card? there were users who reports that they need a new sim card to get the phone working on freedom mobile.

Thanks for the reply. I got a new sim card in November 2016. I will try to get a new one and see if that changes anything.

No luck with the new sim. Is there anyway I can get back marshmallow on this device? Factory reset does not downgrade it to the previous version.

• smithheadssmithheads Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

I have updated to 4.2 on my Axon ZTE mini 7, now when I am on a call, there is no dial pad available to chose calling options (like select 1 for English) HElp

• I just got my Mini 7 a couple weeks ago. It's on T-Mobile and the update won't show up. Is there anything, in particular, we're supposed to do to get the OTA update? I emailed support about the concern, but haven't heard anything in the past five days after sending over some information. Thanks to anyone for your help and ideas!

• fallen00sniperfallen00sniper Posts: 40 ✭✭✭✭

@fallen00sniper said:
    thank you zte, i can finally use my phone at home thanks to wifi calling.

hoping this update also solves the strange problem i have had living between 2 towers that are less than 2 miles apart (give or take).

my phone also seems to be running more smoothly.

while my phone is working more smoothly, i do have an issue with the wifi calling.

it sometimes does not work, it will randomly show connected and ready or never connect at all.

oddly enough today i tried a idea, set to wifi calling only, used ancleaner, rebooted, opened mymetro, reset the e911 address(for the thousandth time) and pressed the call customer support button.

no wifi calling icon in notification bar, but made a wifi call, found this interesting, fully closed all running apps and opened the dialer, made a call, still no icon.

this can be pretty frustrating when you are in a bad signal area like i am, 2 towers very near each other.

anyhow, i hope there is an improvement in the next update.

• Hi, after upgrading to 7.1.1 my axon 7 mini reboots only. Could it be some flaw in the software? thank you very much

@fallen00sniper said:

@fallen00sniper said:
    thank you zte, i can finally use my phone at home thanks to wifi calling.

hoping this update also solves the strange problem i have had living between 2 towers that are less than 2 miles apart (give or take).

my phone also seems to be running more smoothly.

while my phone is working more smoothly, i do have an issue with the wifi calling.

it sometimes does not work, it will randomly show connected and ready or never connect at all.

oddly enough today i tried a idea, set to wifi calling only, used ancleaner, rebooted, opened mymetro, reset the e911 address(for the thousandth time) and pressed the call customer support button.

no wifi calling icon in notification bar, but made a wifi call, found this interesting, fully closed all running apps and opened the dialer, made a call, still no icon.

this can be pretty frustrating when you are in a bad signal area like i am, 2 towers very near each other.

anyhow, i hope there is an improvement in the next update.

Have you tried wiping the partition cache and trying again @fallen00sniper ?

@Alejo752 said:
    Hi, after upgrading to 7.1.1 my axon 7 mini reboots only. Could it be some flaw in the software? thank you very much

@Alejo752, I'm not fully sure what you mean by reboots only. Can you give a little more information please? Is it in a boot loop and continuously trying to reboot? Or does it reboot randomly?

• markv84markv84 Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

@hollap, could you help me with updating my phone also? I'm on v1.0.0b02 and it says I am up to date. I have tried a factory reset and clearing cache. I contacted chat support about a week ago and have not heard back. Thanks!

edited August 8, 2017 10:36AM

@markv84 said:
    @hollap, could you help me with updating my phone also? I'm on v1.0.0b02 and it says I am up to date. I have tried a factory reset and clearing cache. I contacted chat support about a week ago and have not heard back. Thanks!

I can call in the cavalry @markv84. @sshasan or @Aerospaceman can usually assist with these issues, but it will involve a private message as they will need your IMEI to check things. Please wait for one of them to reply. Thanks!

***Edit: Curious as if this was purchased in the US?

@hollap said:

@markv84 said:

I can call in the cavalry @markv84. @sshasan or @Aerospaceman can usually assist with these issues, but it will involve a private message as they will need your IMEI to check things. Please wait for one of them to reply. Thanks!

I purchased it online but it shipped from overseas. I think it might be the Europea or Asia variant because it came with the round pin hole charger.

@markv84 said:

@hollap said:

@markv84 said:

I purchased it online but it shipped from overseas. I think it might be the Europea or Asia variant because it came with the round pin hole charger.

I believe you may be correct, which is why you would not have received the update. Only the US model was updated to Nougat. What is the full version of software it states under Build Number?

@hollap said:

@markv84 said:

@hollap said:

@markv84 said:

I believe you may be correct, which is why you would not have received the update. Only the US model was updated to Nougat. What is the full version of software it states under Build Number?

ZTE B2017G V1.0.0B02.

@markv84 said:

@hollap said:

@markv84 said:

@hollap said:

@markv84 said:

ZTE B2017G V1.0.0B02.

@markv84 , unfortunately my sources at ZTE say that looks to be a Canadian version of the Mini, which also has different software than the US version.

@razvic said:

@hollap : do you think there is any chance I would get my phone upgraded? This is a replacement unit shipped directly out of TX ZTE service center in mid-June.... Thanks!

• Axon7miniAxon7mini Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

ZTE management seems like a joke!
    Finally they start providing two SD card update package download versions for Axon 7 mini, B12 ((ZIP - 1.82GB) and B21(ZIP - 1.99GB). But the file of B21 is 100% identical to B12 (both file name and size).
    Told the rep by livechat a week ago. Nothing has been changed.
    Bought a Huawei instead. No more ZTE.

• Axon7miniAxon7mini Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2017 11:07AM

Please stop blaming Freedom's network upgrade and the SIM card. My Freedom SIM card works flawlessly on my ancient Nexus 4. Off course it is 3G. That is what I want.

• wiseman13wiseman13 Stillwater, OKPosts: 416 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with BLE showing devices, but not able to connect?

@wiseman13 said:

Don't know that I've ever tried to connect anywhere using BLE. Do you have any specific examples?

• wiseman13wiseman13 Stillwater, OKPosts: 416 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@wiseman13 said:

Don't know that I've ever tried to connect anywhere using BLE. Do you have any specific examples?

Sure thing. I have issues with my spouse's mini connecting to TrackR pixel devices, a Pebble Time Round, and her Elvie. Most of the applications will show the device, but will fail to connect. If the phone is restarted then it will connect again.