SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 Mini (B2017G) now on Nougat 7.1.1 Build (B12)

123457»

Comments

• wasabitdiwasabitdi Calgary, CanadaPosts: 86 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 8:15AM

I got the OS updates last night.
    Update: Sorry for the wrong post. I was too excited and I was not wearing my eyes glasses! How do I delete this now?

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wasabitdi said:
    I got the OS updates last night.

That update is for the Axon 7, but you posted this in the Axon 7 Mini Update thread :)

• wasabitdiwasabitdi Calgary, CanadaPosts: 86 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I was not wearing my eye glasses!

@wasabitdi said:
    Sorry, I was not wearing my eye glasses!

No worries @wasabitdi . I'm just glad the update is out :)

• jorlanmjorlanm SDPosts: 3 ✭✭

it seemed to also fixed the vibrating camera issue...usually when i open my camera app i hear the IOS click...now it dont do that anymore...hope its actually fixed now...ZTE did offer to replace my unit 3 months ago but did mention its a driver issue so i decided to wait...

• ladyhazyladyhazy United KingdomPosts: 71 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn, I just got excited about a Mini update then, until I read @wasabitdi's post properly ;-)

One question: does Night Mode exist on the US Mini? My European model has the 7.1.1 update, but no night light settings. Hopefully the next update will bring this. I currently use an app called Darker to dim my screen and add a red filter at night.

@ladyhazy said:
    Damn, I just got excited about a Mini update then, until I read @wasabitdi's post properly ;-)

One question: does Night Mode exist on the US Mini? My European model has the 7.1.1 update, but no night light settings. Hopefully the next update will bring this. I currently use an app called Darker to dim my screen and add a red filter at night.

@ladyhazy, unfortunately there is no night mode on the US version either. That's a feature I wish it had!

• soarer1000soarer1000 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Axon7mini said:
    Finally they start providing two SD card update package download versions for Axon 7 mini, B12 ((ZIP - 1.82GB) and B21(ZIP - 1.99GB). But the file of B21 is 100% identical to B12 (both file name and size).
    Told the rep by livechat a week ago. Nothing has been changed.
    Bought a Huawei instead. No more ZTE.

Could you please provide a source to download? Thanks

• wiseman13wiseman13 Stillwater, OKPosts: 416 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Aerospaceman any known issues on the BT stack, especially BLE that are being worked on for the Axon 7 mini on Nougat?

• Dan_PDan_P Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

OK! :) Finally, found a working version not locking the phone & installed through the card (update.zip) and at least I have a workable phone. It says MiFavor 4.0, version ZTE B2017G V1.0.0B12. Hdw is Axon 7 Mini USA. So it's some European sfw on US hdw! :) Android version says 6.0.1 and seems to work! I'll check soon with a SIM card, I know Virgin Mobile works with these phones. I'll try with Bell Canada who confirmed they're compatible with ZTE Axon 7 Mini as well :)

• ScottSmith3600ScottSmith3600 JacksonvillePosts: 1 ✭✭

I'm having the same issue on the latest batch of phones I just purchased. We previously purchased 6 Axon 7 Mini specifically because of the Dual SIM feature plus having the T-mobile Wi-Fi calling option. The first 6 upgraded normally, the last 5 are not seeing the nougat upgrade.
    It sees the initial upgrade taking it to ZTE B2017G+USAV1.0.0B21 but then just says the phone is up to date.

• Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is exactly the deal going through on with this axon 7 mini not updating as it should. I had two of them with the same trouble. I sent one back and kept one as my daily driver. Although I did finally get mine updated it was like pulling teeth to do so. I'm glad that mine has been updated but believe me to all of you out there who are having issues. I know how you feel. It's quite frustrating I know because I've been there. I just don't understand why ZTE does nothing to address the on going issues.

• Dconn1975Dconn1975 MississippiPosts: 131 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dconn1975 said:
    What is exactly the deal going through on with this axon 7 mini not updating as it should. I had two of them with the same trouble. I sent one back and kept one as my daily driver. Although I did finally get mine updated it was like pulling teeth to do so. I'm glad that mine has been updated but believe me to all of you out there who are having issues. I know how you feel. It's quite frustrating I know because I've been there. I just don't understand why ZTE does nothing to address the on going issues.

I'm also amazed because I just bought a brand new Nexus 6p from an individual who had never even opened it up. Once I got it charged bc of course it was dead from sitting there all that time while he never even got around to opening it up that I had 8.0 Oreo waiting on me to install the update with no issues what so ever. I love 8.0 Oreo. I can only hope this phone eventually sees that update too but we all will have to manually push it like nougat 7.1.1.

• MssTMssT TexasPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

I had to uninstall the Facebook app, and now it says "Device not compatible". The app is no longer in my Google Play Store.

• DaijDaij N.WalesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2017 2:01PM

Recently purchased a 7mini here in the UK.
    Managed to update to B12, but it seems the update trail ends there for official UK (Euro?/ROW?/Asia?) based builds. Does anyone have any advice please?

• Martini707Martini707 CanadaPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

To Daij: Maybe for your needs the euro version would be better. Back in September, when I did my update (bought my Axon 7 Mini in Canadian store), one thing lead to the other and can't remember exactly how, but I end with B2017GV1.2.0B09 update (Android 7.1.1), that I've got from Russian ZTE webside (https://myzte.ru/smartphones/axon/axon-7-mini/#default-9), I think it's actually a UK or (euro) version. I was ok with it; since I travel to Europe occasionally and it works with Canadian Rogers network well. But I am thinking to switch to another operator (Freedom Mobile, former Wind) that uses different network frequencies (LTE 1700/2100) and although the specs for this phone shows, that it should work, it does not and it could be due to this updated version. Now I will try to go back to American version.

• PierreYPierreY CanadaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

@Dan_P said:
    Good Morning ZTE Community,

NOW I have a big problem! :( Since my ZTE Axon 7 Mini did not work with Freedom Mobile (Canada) and since there's no fix/ETA on a rollback to 6.0 and since ZTE Support/Chat couldn't help at all (I tried several times), I tried to force-install from SD card some European Version I found. Seemed to work well but now when booting after some splash and promising little effects, it's stuck at some picture. And if I try to boot to BIOS, it says:

Android Recovery
    ZTE/P852A11/msm8952_64
    6.0.1/MMB29M/20170315.140125

Somewhere underneath:

Supported API: 3

What should I do now? The ZTE Chat suggested to send the phone to ZTE but they can't ship it back to Canada, only US addresses. So the option to send for repair is off. Also, it's more than 14 days after purchase so I can't return and get refund.

I cannot believe there's no clean way to put back whatever it was before (Android 6?) I mean, really? Even an old IBM 386 would be able to have MS-DOS reinstalled, any computer in the world can have software wiped out and reinstalled except Axon 7 Mini ?!?

Late comment but, did you get it figured it out?
    I bought mine online, needed a replacement, ZTE_USA will not ship in Canada, ZTE_Canada didn't have Grey ZTE Axon 7 mini unlocked dual SIM... After pushing they got one directly from China and I got it (8 weeks...).

Feel free to contact me if you need more info

123457»