Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 Mini (B2017G) now on Nougat 7.1.1 Build (B12)

123457»

Comments

• wasabitdiwasabitdi Calgary, CanadaPosts: 73 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2017 9:15AM

I got the OS updates last night.
    Update: Sorry for the wrong post. I was too excited and I was not wearing my eyes glasses! How do I delete this now?

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wasabitdi said:
    I got the OS updates last night.

That update is for the Axon 7, but you posted this in the Axon 7 Mini Update thread :)

• wasabitdiwasabitdi Calgary, CanadaPosts: 73 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I was not wearing my eye glasses!

@wasabitdi said:
    Sorry, I was not wearing my eye glasses!

No worries @wasabitdi . I'm just glad the update is out :)

• jorlanmjorlanm SDPosts: 3 ✭✭

it seemed to also fixed the vibrating camera issue...usually when i open my camera app i hear the IOS click...now it dont do that anymore...hope its actually fixed now...ZTE did offer to replace my unit 3 months ago but did mention its a driver issue so i decided to wait...

• ladyhazyladyhazy United KingdomPosts: 68 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn, I just got excited about a Mini update then, until I read @wasabitdi's post properly ;-)

One question: does Night Mode exist on the US Mini? My European model has the 7.1.1 update, but no night light settings. Hopefully the next update will bring this. I currently use an app called Darker to dim my screen and add a red filter at night.

@ladyhazy said:
    Damn, I just got excited about a Mini update then, until I read @wasabitdi's post properly ;-)

One question: does Night Mode exist on the US Mini? My European model has the 7.1.1 update, but no night light settings. Hopefully the next update will bring this. I currently use an app called Darker to dim my screen and add a red filter at night.

@ladyhazy, unfortunately there is no night mode on the US version either. That's a feature I wish it had!

• soarer1000soarer1000 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭

@Axon7mini said:
    Finally they start providing two SD card update package download versions for Axon 7 mini, B12 ((ZIP - 1.82GB) and B21(ZIP - 1.99GB). But the file of B21 is 100% identical to B12 (both file name and size).
    Told the rep by livechat a week ago. Nothing has been changed.
    Bought a Huawei instead. No more ZTE.

Could you please provide a source to download? Thanks

• wiseman13wiseman13 Stillwater, OKPosts: 356 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aerospaceman any known issues on the BT stack, especially BLE that are being worked on for the Axon 7 mini on Nougat?

• Dan_PDan_P Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

OK! :) Finally, found a working version not locking the phone & installed through the card (update.zip) and at least I have a workable phone. It says MiFavor 4.0, version ZTE B2017G V1.0.0B12. Hdw is Axon 7 Mini USA. So it's some European sfw on US hdw! :) Android version says 6.0.1 and seems to work! I'll check soon with a SIM card, I know Virgin Mobile works with these phones. I'll try with Bell Canada who confirmed they're compatible with ZTE Axon 7 Mini as well :)

• ScottSmith3600ScottSmith3600 JacksonvillePosts: 1 ✭✭

I'm having the same issue on the latest batch of phones I just purchased. We previously purchased 6 Axon 7 Mini specifically because of the Dual SIM feature plus having the T-mobile Wi-Fi calling option. The first 6 upgraded normally, the last 5 are not seeing the nougat upgrade.
    It sees the initial upgrade taking it to ZTE B2017G+USAV1.0.0B21 but then just says the phone is up to date.

123457»