Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation: AR Consumer Research Survey

Welcome to our Beta Lab page. While we currently have a dozen or so private beta tests running, there are no active projects that we're recruiting for.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 Mini Nougat Feedback Survey

sshasansshasan Z-Community ModeratorNew York Posts: 2,995 admin
edited June 23, 2017 10:41AM in Axon

Axon 7 Mini users, we have a short 1-minute survey that we would like you to be a part of.

We ask that you spend at least 48 hours or more with the new Nougat software before taking the survey to give your feedback on this build.

Please use the link below:

/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms%2FLpFIET207ZUMLqDm2" class="Popup

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,603 mod

Completed :smiley:

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Also completed now ;)

• shadowsportsshadowsports Bay Area - CAPosts: 94 ✭✭✭✭✭

Survey for Axon 7 Mini(B2017G), Build 12
    Your response has been recorded.

Top asks..
    Stock Android<<<
    Make Mi_Favor a 100% Optional skin
    Stock Android...
    Only stock Google Apps
    ZTE is tired of hearing it, and we're tired of asking... Stock Android
    They won't have any problem selling their devices with (Ta Da) Stock Android!

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Survey complete.

• chavochavo Lewisville TexasPosts: 63 ✭✭✭✭

Completed....hope that HD voice is negotiated with AT&T and added in future update. New overlay seems stable,but charging time on non standard hi power charging adapters seems to have been throttled in exchange for cooler battery charging temps. Could use my phone as a wifi hotspot prior to update and laptop will not connect after update...that sucks,but overall positive experience with nougat thusfar..not really much changed in interactivity with nougat..wish they would dump Mifavor for straight stock...it would be such an awesome experience,and I believe the folks looking for a plain Android experience would support Zte in droves.

• shadowsportsshadowsports Bay Area - CAPosts: 94 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chavo said:
    Completed....wish they would **dump Mifavor **for straight stock...it would be such an awesome experience, and I believe the folks looking for a plain Android experience would support ZTE in droves.

100% Agree

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 2,995 admin

@celblazer said:
    Would love HD voice and WiFi calling on AT&T and also 5g WiFi as the phone was advertised as having.

The Axon 7 Mini was one device that was not advertised as having 5GHz WiFi. Also, AT&T WiFi calling and VoLTE are specific to AT&T branded devices and unlocked iPhones only.

• gweeper64gweeper64 Central MAPosts: 216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. I am on a AT&T MVNO. When I dig into the "phone info" menus, it shows "VoLTE Provisioned" (but WiFi calling is not). I didn't do anything explicit to turn on VoLTE.

• bipedalismbipedalism Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 20, 2017 5:32PM

After installing the update, apps would stall on launch, I would quit them and need to do a full restart the get them working again. The phone will not wake up for about 20-30 sec after I hit the power button. Downloads are stalling and SD card access is having problems. Right now I'm looking at a black screen that shows my status bar up at the top but nothing else, no desktop, or apps, or anything. This update has made my phone impossible to use and ZTE has no previous OS version for download so I can't roll back the update. So frustrating! And yes I have talked with customer service which had no answers.
    (US version Axon 7 mini ZTE B2017G_USAV1.2.0B12)

UPDATE: It's now looking like my troubles are SD Card related. Weird that the SD would get wonky right when I do a OS update, but that seems to be what happened. So please disregard my post. (there doesn't seem to be a delete function)

• gweeper64gweeper64 Central MAPosts: 216 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bipedalism said:

UPDATE: It's now looking like my troubles are SD Card related. Weird that the SD would get wonky right when I do a OS update, but that seems to be what happened. So please disregard my post. (there doesn't seem to be a delete function)

I was going to suggest to try removing the SD card. If that didn't work, I was going to say do a factory reset. Glad it was just the SD card. I've not had a problem with mine (knock on wood) in my Mini, but a few others have.

• fallen00sniperfallen00sniper Posts: 40 ✭✭✭✭

update has been great, short a odd issue with wifi calling (mentioned in the update post), battery life is about the same, atmos seems to work better. i am using nova launcher so no thoughts on the ui except the settings menu is much cleaner now, though i do find i miss the screen for favorites.