Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What version of Android do you use currently?

catman25catman25 Auburn nyPosts: 41
<body><p>Looking to see who uses what... I currently use lollipop only due to not yet rooting and flashing this phone...  </p></body>

What version of Android do you use currently? 99 votes

Android N
10% 10 votes
Android marshmallow
63% 63 votes
Android lollipop
20% 20 votes
Android kitkat
3% 3 votes
Android jelly bean
0% 0 votes
Android ice cream sandwich
0% 0 votes
I prefer smelly apples
0% 0 votes
Other - please leave a comment.
3% 3 votes

Comments

• catman25catman25 Auburn nyPosts: 41

Hope I don't offend any apple fan boys lol.  Thanks for taking my poll

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on Android N on both phone and the tablet. I am really excited about Android N, a good update to Android M.

• tajlundtajlund Billings MTPosts: 29

Only on Lollipop because AT&T is dragging their feet on the Marshmallow update.

• retnuo@gmail.com[email protected] Shelton, WA.Posts: 14

Yeah, same.  Only straggling on Lollipop because Verizon is a glass cannon when it comes to Marshmallow

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use N on my Nexus 6P but it's not quite ready for prime time and some apps have major issues. So I also carry a Marshmallow phone around with me. Plus I still have a phone on Lollipop waiting for an upgrade. I'd prefer to always be on the latest version of Android. Just have to wait for manufacturers to catch up and it can be very frustrating.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Android N on my 6P, Marshmallow on my Robin and my wife's Axon Pro.

Android N has only made my 6P better. No issues, so far.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Lol, so I'm the only one still on kitkat huh.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,041 admin

You're definitely not the only one...

Haha I know, I think by distribution it is the most used if not close to the most used android version still in use.

• retnuo@gmail.com[email protected] Shelton, WA.Posts: 14

I'm slightly envious of you, friend. I have been wanting to try

Marshmallow and N for a while now.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hopfully, you'll b seeing it sooner than later. Without the bugs, of course.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

5.1.1 lollipop.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

Currently running a custom rom with Marshmallow. I have yet to try Android N but I'm really looking forward to the "bug free" version.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Finally, I get to join the wagon of the Marshmallow team. Oneplus took forever to release the build for the OP2. I can't complain the MM firmware is smooth and very flawless on top of the Oxygen UI of Oneplus custom UI.

"A phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

zte axon-7

• Marshmallow here, but I have thought about trying the newest N preview on my Nexus.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Kit Kat on one, Marshmallow on the other.

Kitkat on one, lollipop on two now!

• utahman1971utahman1971 UtahPosts: 31 ✭✭

Actually, its ZTE dragging their feet. I chatted with them and they said to wait for them to add it to the software update. Not the carrier.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,041 admin

, which device are you referring to? I don't see any mention of a device in the comments before your reply. Let's make sure we are all on the same page so misinformation is not spread.

• utahman1971utahman1971 UtahPosts: 31 ✭✭

ZTE Citrine 4G LTE. Tracfone. This is chatting with ZTE too.

• sgarrandsgarrand MA, USAPosts: 177 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am running Nougat DP5 on my Nexus 6 and it runs well. It doesn't seem drastically materially different than marshmallow though.

• jabird101jabird101 Cleveland, OH, USAPosts: 225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey,you forgot one OS, Windows! 

My Nexus 5 with Marshmallow died, and my backup is BLU device running Windows Phone 10.  Really nice OS.  Possibly my favorite of all phone OSes, but nothing in the app store.  Can't wait to get back to Android.  It will be four months of waiting on the Axon 7 when it arrives the middle of next month. 

• mb2xmb2x Greenville, SCPosts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on 5.1 lollipop on my Moto X2. Motorola isn't updating it any further so I guess I am stuck with it :/ Can't wait until they (my carrier) get support for the ZTE Axon 7!

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Marshmallow thanks to ZTE and there decently quick updates for the Axon Pro  

• mantionmantion Knoxville, TNPosts: 157 ✭✭✭

Last week I finally updated my daily driver from Slimkat 4.4.4 to Darkobas 6.0.1.

I only changed so I could get used to the MM on my ZTE Axon 7.   So far I am happy with Darkobas, doesn't have the features I loved in SlimKat but its the best MM I could find for my opo.

I am running L on 2 other phones and a tablet. 

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

MM here.

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 143 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Other - I'm still using a phone with Android Froyo (2.2.2). Specifically, it's an LG Optimus T P509.

However, I will be purchasing an Axon 7 very soon.

• jabird101jabird101 Cleveland, OH, USAPosts: 225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that the little 3.2 inch guy with like 512mb storage?  If so I have two that still work.  My wife and I got them back in 2010/2011 as our first Androids. There was a really bad upgrade to gingerbread that caused all sorts of issues with random crashes and other usability problems.

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 143 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, that's the one. It was a pretty decent entry-level smartphone back then and it was my first Android as well. I got mine in Sept. 2011 and my sister got one also at the same time. Then my mom got one too in mid 2012. Later my sister passed hers down to our younger sister after she received an iPhone 5s in Dec. 2013. Both have since moved on to newer devices. None of us received any software updates but we were all using it with T-mobile's prepaid/pay as you go so that might be why.

This discussion has been closed.