ZTE / Fan Meetups

2»

Comments

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

haha i'm not stopping you

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,588 mod

LOL

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Stop by the World's largest music festival, Summerfest, in Milwaukee.  We'll show you a good time!

• nnlllmmnnlllmm CanadaPosts: 30

I think fan meetups hosted by ZTE would be the best idea, it's a great way for the company to engage with its users and for its users to see eachother. The meetups can be held in different cities each year.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I agree.

While going to CES and other technology expos to meetup is a nice idea, perhaps it ought to be a side event, such as a reward given for community contests.

However, the main meetups really would be best being held by ZTE held at the ZTE headquarters in the U.S. Other various meetups around the country could be held too. These could be called "Zmeets". Again, I'd love to be involved in organizing efforts for these.

• valtraca82valtraca82 PortugalPosts: 33

I am in Portugal, but could be in Spain for example, dunno

Perhaps there could be international meetups for those in other countries, or a live feed for those who can't make it to the U.S. events, so people can be there "virtually". It could even be viewed using the ZTE VR headset!

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's a really cool idea!

• valtraca82valtraca82 PortugalPosts: 33

It's a great idea

• tom604tom604 Vancouver BCPosts: 102

Im sure if there was a custom built vehicle and road trip the cost of that would have to be made up somewhere...and we need these phones to cost less so i dont like the sounds of that lol.

I wonder if a meetup could be arranged for late summer this year. Its a bit close timing, but summer seems best for these meetups. Also, if for whatever reason it couldn't be held at the ZTE offices in Texas, it would be interesting to poll a preferred city everyone could agree on. Naturally I'm going to say Chicago since its where I'm located, but it certainly could be anywhere. I'd need to make arrangements though for travel assistance. Perhaps my aunt might take me since my mother has health issues I'm worried about her going on a plane. One of the members here who travels a lot between California and New York offered to help, so perhaps I could travel with him to wherever the meetup is at too. I just need to know when, nd again I'm definitely willing to help on a meetup committee!

fyi, I wrote a post, although a long one I really should have narrowed down a bit, though I'm tired and just typing along as well as I can think while I'm tired, this post over in the favorite video games thread, where I talk about my disappointing experience at a fan meetup for my use to be favorite pc game, Myst, which I don't mean to offend those few Myst fans I've met here, but it happened. I wrote about it in the other thread, also talking about the importance of accessibility and accommodation both at fan meetups and for those who cannot attend.

I think having a VR option for those people is a very important option, as it gives them a way to view the evnts, which a virtual webcam could be setup so people in vr could speak to meetup attendees. Also trust me, if I'm involved in the committee arrangements for the meetup, I will do everything I can to help make the meetup great for everyone. I learned how hurtful it can be for a person not to have positive experiences with their involvement at fan meetings, and really want this to be great. Despite my bad experience I wrote about there, I do really like the idea of fan meets and think they can add a positive perception to everyone involved of the community and of ZTE itself.

• basedchebasedche United StatesPosts: 34

Being in LA makes me want the meet ups hosted by zte.

• fzrrichfzrrich United States Posts: 4,178 mod

Swag is always welcome lol

Well the next time I visit my family in Krakov Poland I'll make sure to plan it around ZTE

I think fan meet ups is a great idea as well as the cross country tour bus. For the meet up, Buffalo NY would be my favorite and has my vote, great chicken wings lol  and it's close to the Canadian border so may entice  some Canadians to as well. My second would be NYC and I'm sure you would bring in a lot of people at that location. As far as the tour bus. Maybe tagging along concert venues or some other event that travels the country. 

ZTE could buy an Airbus A380 and fly it around the world picking up fans to have a fan meetup on the plane. Since its a double decker, plenty of room for all of us here in the Z-community.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,884 admin

I know ZTE appreciates their fans but this is a little over the top. LOL!

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

But a pittance really for assets like us... We're the real MVPs

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,884 admin

Indeed... If we didn't have our fans we'd be nothing.

and over heating................ok bad joke

over the clouds too!

I imagine the staff is pretty busy dealing with the contest results, but hopefully this still is in the works. Despite my one negative experience with a fan meetup I mentioned in another post, I know the staff here could put together a great fan meetup that will be wonderful attending. Again, I'd love to help with the arrangements for this too.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I like all the options.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we harvest cow number 6923 for the ZTE BBQ in your backyard? ZTE Potluck

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Potentially you could combine a number of these

Local meetups for ZTE fans hosted by ZTE with a telecast of a keynote from the ZTE headquarters or other community event.

Also, with the release of your VR headset hmhm... you could host virtual tours of the ZTE headquarters for those that can't travel. Additionally you could VR/AR cast through a ZTE team member the events happening at CES or any other event.

This way you connect with your fans on a local level but allow them to participate in the global community through VR/AR, video, telecast etc.

My 2 cents.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,588 mod

​ Sure can, but I dont want to watch...