Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What is your method for Securing Your Phone

2»

Comments

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

I don't secure my phone at all, it's always with me.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use a pattern.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would use nothing at all, but since my work forces me to use something, i use a pin. My current phone doesn't have FPS, I can't wait for that.  Then I will use fingerprint.

• elflaireelflaire Kampala - UgandaPosts: 101

In this day and age of bio-metrics (fingerprint, iris scanners), i still use the old ways (patterns and passwords)

Yes fingerprint, most secure way.

None at all.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I just use the power button.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ Thats the best answer yet. 

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

lol

I honestly don't have anything overly sensitive on my device. I use a pin password, its fast to input and I'm used to it. I have not used a phone with a fingerprint reader but I feel that is the way to go right now.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

I double tap, and wola opened and in. My phone is always in my hand, and my .380 bodyguard is always on my hip(open), or on my ankle. I'd never, ever shoot someone over a phone, but I have been in a store hold up, and have had my purse robbed from me. I have no problem scaring someone off..lol

That's great if you're concerned of someone stealing your phone. But what if you left it on a table at a restaurant or it fell on the ground somewhere. It's still nice to have something in place so the person that stole your phone can't access your personal information or use your phone in any way. That being said, if I see you walking down the street I'm running in the opposite direction of your .380 lol

I don't keep anything on my phone that I would be devastated by if lost or stolen. LOL and o ya .380 is big scary...

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is that if a few criminals in town get shot while trying to steal a phone, word will get around quick, and that type of crime will largely stop.

In towns with high gun ownership, most lower level violent crime stops, as it changes the risk assessment. Criminals do not like high risk and low reward, thus they will avoid the lower level stuff.

Regardless of the phone's security, having personal protection is always important. Here in NY, is it not uncommon for someone to get mugged, fully comply with the criminal, and still get beaten up to the point when they are unconscious (simply to delay their ability to report the crime and give a description. One of the neighbors ended up with lifelong injuries after fully complying during a mugging.

A good example of crime going down quickly, is a report from Detroit. Detroit Police Chief: Crime Going Down Amid Spike in Legal Gun Ownership | Fox News Insider

lol I know, I have a Ruger LCP .380 for convenience (among others) not the scariest thing but it does job.

I think everyone over the age 15 carries a firearm in Texas.....and that's why you  "Don't mess with Texas" lol

Here in Maine many have guns, and crime is very low. It wasn't until I went to Philly for 5yrs that I was held up. Now I have my .380bodyguard, a Taurus g2, and a judge. I carry the .380 cause I'm most comfy with it and its light. However I practice, and am capable with all of them Better safe than sorry and it doesn't hurt to show them your prepared. I'm 5'4 115lbs, it makes me a little bit of a target out  alone.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I may try the fingerprint feature on the Axon 7 using my thumbs, since my fingers are almost useless. Not that I'll keep using the fingerprint option though, as I'm used to just turning it on via the power button and have it go directly to the home screen. However, its worth a try.

• Don't enjoy chasing rabbits

Like how you pulled it back.

Lots of guns in Wisconsin here too, but many are rifles and shotguns mainly used in hunting. Handguns are becoming more and more popular though.

It's always better to be prepared and encountering a situation like you have in the past will definitely make someone think on how to prepared the event it happens. That's great.

Looks like the Galaxy Note 7 (or 6, whatever they are going to call it) is rumored to have it:

Galaxy Note 7 iris scanner sounding like a real possibility, as screenshot leaks

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fingerprint. It's fast and secure enough for what I use my phone for.

• Does it work well for you?

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it's good enough but I bet it will work better with the axon 7.

This discussion has been closed.