Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What size smartphone do you REALLY prefer? (vote!)

Comments

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 90s are coming back anyway

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,253 mod

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!   lol

They say everything goes full circle so hey, you never know.

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

LOL! They all looked alike. Mine was a Motorola - probably the most common one on the market. No SIM card, no phone connection. You dialed the pager number and left a call back number, or a coded numerical message. If your wife was pregnant she would enter "911" if the baby was coming and you would automatically know it was her. This was before cell phones, back when we all churned our own butter, and rode horses to the office.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

It is perfect to me.

lol I miss the 911 text. I would receive it often from friends and would rarely be an emergency. I'm glad you reminded me of it.

HA! Yeah, I remember those friends. "911" for beer runs; "911" for spontaneous bar hopping; etc... Then came this bad boy, with spotty reception, at best. I remember driving around searching for a signal, then finally giving up and pulling into a gas station with a pay phone:

first-cell-phone.jpg

Never owned one of those but remember them in movies lol back then i was so jealous and in aww of that tech...I think we still had rotary phones in my house back then

Imagine putting this phone in your pocket. Musculation en-route. Haha

I just imagined it......OUCH!!  How about one of these classics!!!

Image result for first cell phone in pocket

It needs its own bag.

I didn't own one, either - it was my boss's phone. He made me carry it on occasion, and it was fun at first... until I realized what a pain it was. I was around 20 years old at the time and I certainly couldn't afford my own.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

They were really ugly for such high tech gadgets. lol

I guess all relevant to the times we are living in lol

Yes, agreed.

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cutting edge innovation right there lol (back then it was though)

Ugly, indeed, and you either had a green screen with black text, or an orangish screen with black text. If I remember correctly, you had to push a button for a backlight on some models, like the old pagers.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I sort of miss the Nextel days with its large rugged-style phones and whatnot. The call quality was excellent while they still had good site spacing and plenty of towers running on Iden. Once Sprint took over though, they cut a lot of towers for use on Iden over to CDMA, and the quality dropped fast. Lots of dropped calls after that.

• utahman1971utahman1971 UtahPosts: 31 ✭✭

I like the biggest but I selected the 5.5 because I do not want to stick a phablet next to my head and make my head look tiny, LOL!

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Haha, not too much difference really between a 5.5 and 6 inch phone, but most people think the 5.5 is just right.
    6 inches becomes harder to handle with one hand and fit in some pockets.
    It's kinda funny to me that a year ago I thought 5.5 was too big for me and I didn't need one that big.
    I have since used several of them and now 5.5 seems normal to me and  I'm ready for a 6 inch model maybe.
    The biggest difference I found is that I can use the phone now more like a tablet, and my larger tablet I used to use
    rarely gets touched so I find myself using my phone at home a lot more.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I actually respectfully disagree. It doesn't seem like much but between my zmax with a 5.7 and my zmax 2 with a 5.5 the feel of the phone is far different. It could be other things too like the weight of the device etc but going from 5.5 to 6 I think will be a good jump but for me the bigger the better haha.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 5.7" also and it feels big,  bit still wouldn't mind trying a 6". I have big hands too so not a big deal to me.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ I have had the 6in pop mega for about a year, and love it. My hands are very tiny, but I don't struggle to hold onto the phone. Within a day or so it just feels natural. Everyone kinda made fun of me at first, because it was such a contrast in my hands. I have tremors in my dominate hand, and a larger phone, meant larger areas of touch, so it gave me a larger target to touch for lack of a better way to explain...lol I can do ok with 5.5, but once you go with 6in, any phone 5.5 has to be spectacular to want to downsize.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Like an Axon 7 maybe?

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

I currently have a 5.5 OPO but I would be happy with something a little bigger like 5.7.

• syaoransyaoran Manassas, VA/Toronto, CanadaPosts: 185 ✭✭

I prefer 6" phones, as I have no trouble one-handing my Nexus 6. 

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

Ok now that I got my Axon 7 I can definitely say 5.5 inches is the perfect size. Especially when comparing side-by-side with my 6 inch Nexua 6 (too big) and my 5.2 inch HTC 10 (too small).

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree also

You should give me your Nexus. I wouldn't mind having that too big for you phone.

This discussion has been closed.