Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

High End Features I've Never Used

jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423
<body><p>If you've owned, or currently own a high end smartphone with serious power, which features have you never actually used? </p></body>

High End Features I've Never Used 239 votes

Fast Wireless Charging
13% 33 votes
NFC Payment
33% 80 votes
VR Headset
21% 52 votes
Continuum
30% 74 votes

Comments

• ericwithcheeseericwithcheese Seattle, WAPosts: 43

I actually haven't used any of those choices listed.  Haha, I must be boring.

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me neither! Haha

I personally don't use any of these things.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

iPhone 6S is consider a flagship I assume... I rarely use the 3D Touch feature. Never really tried VR unless you consider Google Cardboard as VR, but I don't consider it.. Definitely never tried continuum since I don't own a Windows Phone. Never really tried fast wireless charging just because I don't own a phone with wireless charging.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

NFC payment. ...and probably never will. I shouldn't say never, but not until the security is much better.
    That'll probably take at least 7-10 years.

• charidycharidy Business,IT Tech,Network Manager. United StatesPosts: 51 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually utilize them all!

Maybe you could add a few more options to the list.

• mossy375mossy375 ShanghaiPosts: 73

Although NFC is a nice feature in theory, I've never used it. NFC payment doesn't really exist where I live, and I don't have much need for it with otherwise.

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

I have a Nokia 928, what can I say? When I find a device I like I tend to stick with it until it becomes more of a pain than a pleasure. I tested a Galaxy 7 for 24 hours and I LOVED the Fast Charge option! That said, I never had the opportunity to put the other features to the test. My Windows Phone has NFC capabilities, but no pay option, nor is it compatible with VR headsets of any kind, and it certainly isn't Continuum capable. I would love to see an Android version of Microsoft's Continuum, only better.

• hoff1313hoff1313 MississippiPosts: 9

I use the other features many times. Probably more of the Samsung pay using the magnetic portion more so than NFC though. I use wireless charging every night, and love my gear vr headset.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

The only one i used was VR but that was at a display in best buy so i'm not sure if that even counts

Which VR was it, was it good?

Samsung, and it was wicked cool, especially for racing games. If they game out with it for the zmax i would definitely buy it.

Cool!  I haven't heard much about VR, but maybe I should check it out!

Please do, even just to play with it was actually really awesome. I can't speak to the others because like you guys I have yet to try them.

How are the graphics?

pretty good, like a second gen psp status

I'll probably wait until the graphics improve before I'd purchase

Yeah but definitely go play with it first

I've never used one, either, but at only $100 for the Samsung version and $79 for the ZTE model, it's not a wallet-killer. Plus, Daydream should open up the app options significantly.

No way!  I had no idea it Was that affordable

• hiker75hiker75 FloridaPosts: 108

VR is the only one I've used out of those.

Stand-alone sets are far more expensive, of course. Not too shabby, huh?

Nope!

• basedchebasedche United StatesPosts: 34

For anyone doubting NFC payments once you try Samsung pay you'll understand. It's nice to have a credit card with you at all times. I wish other companies had magnetic strip communications so they could do the same.

Hmm... Maybe I should look into this. Just incase I ever forget mine. Sounds very useful

• malitkie@gmail.com[email protected] Hastings, MNPosts: 7

I honestly Never used NFC Payments when I had my Samsung Note 5 Mainly due to the fact that they have very little in the way of available options for what cards you can add.  I have used the rest of the stuff except for continuum.  I actually did Recently start using NFC Payments with my iPhone 6s Plus considering I am able to add every single card I have to it if I want to without issues, only downfall is it only works at stores that accept apple pay, though I have heard that they may be adding the ability to make payments via the card reader the same as Samsung does which would of course open the whole thing wide open for Apple.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Still a little paranoid and don't trust it.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use NFC payment all the time, its by far one of the most helpful features on a modern phone. When you forget your wallet at home and still have everything you need to make a purchase its a life saver

VR is still not the mainstream so i am wait for GOOGLE Daydream platform before I try VR

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I never looked at it from that prospective.  damn that is a great point on NFC.

I just may try it.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Continuum is the only thing I haven't tried, but seemed like such a great idea if it was't for windows being non existent in the Mobile world, and the fact that most of the things I would use it for are already stored in the cloud, meaning I can access them from just about any device already.

This discussion has been closed.