Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Most Important Features You Love/NEED (Comprehensive Poll!)

Comments

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish I had the option to put expandable storage as well, but I was limited to 20 options (lame) and I agree with you! Especially since I add my own music

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

Most definitely! Audio is my favorite feature, along with display resolution being high quality. A good pair of headphones/earphones are very important too.

I'm definitely excited to test out the audio too! I remember how amazed I was when listening to music on the LG V10 for the first time. That was the beginning of when I began my journey into learning about the importance of audio quality, which led to me learning many of the terms used to describe audio signatues and how there are different preferences of those audio signature varieties.

Yes indeed! I'd like to be able to have certain computer games run through to the smartphone and then to the headset, rather than only being able to run software through USB.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Multi-window

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

Multi window would be great! I know their are some apps out there but nothing really seamless. It would be a great feature to implement for the multitasker.

Phones certainly have the power now a days, so why isn't this happening more?

Definitely multi-window!

• dellasterdellaster Pahrump, Nevada, USAPosts: 103

Display quality is always number one, because my eyes insist upon it. Heck, I spent over $2795 ($6366 in 2015 dollars) on the 512K "Fat" Mac in October of 1984 primarily because the screen didn't make my eyes hurt and head ache after a few hours, as did the other CRTs of that age.

That's intense, that picture better be stellar! Thank you for the feedback! What resolution would you choose for your smartphone?

Fortunately all the flagship smartphones nowadays have at least "retina" quality, 300dpi or better, so it's not as much of a worry as in those early days. I'm curious to find out if my eyes will notice the jump to 500+ dpi with the Axon 7. Better pixel density certainly won't hurt!

A lot of people say they can tell the difference between 180p and 2k, and new studies have suggested we can tell the difference up to 800ppi, which is crazy.

Sorry I meant 1080p**

There's a great article on the merits of the pixel density race at Anandtech.com:

The Pixel Density Race and its Technical Merits

Thanks for the link!

lol

I don't know if such a thing is technically possible or in existence, but it would be great if there was some sort of 3d film overlay a person could add onto the display to make the display show 3d.

I feel like the screen would have to be made and intended for 3d for such a thing to be possible, but it would be cool

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You know one thing I've noticed with display, I now actually want higher resolution so when I use my reading glasses to look at my phone it's not pixelated. It's much like the VR effect.  When I use my readers on a screen that doesn't have high resolution, it pixelates like crazy, not so much on a higher resolution screen. You may have just helped me make up my mind that QHD is the way to go for me.

It sounds imilar to what was used on the HTC EVO 3d  a, Parallax barrier  Autostereoscopy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If this allows me, I will attemt to add expandable storage and waterproofin to this Poll.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For me it is not just one thing. So this poll is a little limiting. 

Top things from the poll I need for purchasing a new device.

In no particular order.

1.Camera Experience (Rear) 13 MP or over

2.Battery Life

3.Display Quality

4.Performance/Speed (Gaming, Responsiveness, etc)

5.Carrier Unlocked (No Contract)

6.Connectivity Quality (Wide Range of Cellular Bands)

7.Software/UI Experience

8.Quick OS Updates and Continued Support

9.Abundant Features (NFC, Fingerprint Scanner, Ir Blaster, Heart Rate Monitor, etc)

10.Screen Size Over 5"

Yes I agree, I have been trying to find a way around how limiting the poll options can be. But veryone voting has a different top priority so in theory if enough people vote you can get an accurate picture of what consumers care about the most. 

So right now the Top things people want for a flagship phone is High Quality *External Audio Experience, Performance/Speed, and then Battery life. So you are able to get a picture of what people want, but I agree the Poll needs more advanced options. People should have points to give to each category, so there first choice would give a 5 points to that feature, the second would give 4 points, the third would give 3 points, the fourth point would give 2 points, your fifth would give 1 point. All your choices would be weighted so you could get the most accurate poll. I will probably pitch this idea to see if they could have it implemented.  

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

True, but for true comparison and correlation I feel there needs to be like a top 5. Only one feature that can be chosen, skews the number as multiple features at least 5 will persuade or dissuade from making a purchase. Although, I know and realize there are compromises, at least for me, it has to hit 5 features to even be considered. By the way you may wish to include price tag as well.

Please know I am not being critical or nit-picky, I just want to convey the opinion. Keep these polls coming as it brought an idea and evaluation to my train of thoughts.

This is what I said... It is right above your response

Yep.  ;-)

• Front facing speakers is a must

• barbosasbarbosas Orlando, FLPosts: 153

This is a Difficult Poll not just one thing is important to me.

That's the beauty of Android having so many choices Features, Pricing and Manufacturers

This discussion has been closed.