Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What Messaging App is your default / go to

ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭
edited March 27, 2018 12:30AM in Consumer Lab

What is your go to messaging app for Android.  I'm curious with all of the choices, what do you use? 

What Messaging App is your default / go to 66 votes

Hangouts
16% 11 votes
WhatsApp
6% 4 votes
Google Messenger
24% 16 votes
Signal
0% 0 votes
Facebook Messenger
15% 10 votes
Other
37% 25 votes

Comments

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Textra since day one on Android.

• ddrakeddrake Alpharetta, GAPosts: 318 ✭✭✭

I've never used Textra, will check it out.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Google Messenger

• hiker75hiker75 FloridaPosts: 108

Hangouts is what we've all been using.  Seemed to integrate easily into our Android and my nephews apple device.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I use Skype, even for my at-home calls.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Contacts Plus messenger.

I like it because i can customize it with individual sounds for certain contacts and change sms/ mms walpapers for those contacts as well.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

iMessage for iOS

WeChat for Android and iOS, think mostly Asians use WeChat.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Google Messenger and some of my family like to use Facebook Messenger.
    Just started using Hangouts with a group of other friends, so it's basically whatever gets the job done.
    Thankfully we have many tools for it.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,557 mod

Facebook messenger. I miss the days with 5000000 IM windows open on my desktop lol

• basedchebasedche United StatesPosts: 34

A mix of hangouts and a modded kik

I use to use MSN Messenger quite often, until Microsoft decided to end it in favor of Skype. While I like Skype, I miss MSN Messenger. I liked the customizable appearance settings MSN Messenger had.

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

I use Whatsapp.

• Google Messenger but soon to be Allo.

There was a competitor of Skype that had messenger I liked and used a bit some years ago, but I forgot what it was.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Textra is really good, though I tend to use hangouts, it's nice being able to talk at work or school with little service.

• Textra is really good. The experience is just swell!

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of Textra

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Google Messenger atm.

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Textra for me as well.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am currently using Textra

• kyngoflyonzkyngoflyonz United StatesPosts: 183 ✭✭✭✭✭

WhatsApp. Since most of my family and friends live outside of the US. WhatsApp is probably used more in other countries than the US. Especially in developing countries.

• angeloangelo PhiladelphiaPosts: 2

I use Google, it's simple.

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

I use facebook messenger it connects my facebook friends number and have their email as well can't go wrong there.

• maulgandhimaulgandhi New Jersey Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatsapp seems to be taking over the world, but i still prefer Google Hangouts. It does everything i need, voicemail, video chat, normal messages, hangouts message (using gmail) and free calls. Hangouts is the most versatile app ever.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use the stock messaging app on my Axon 7 it does everything that I need and has a few cool book marking features.

• lyn82lyn82 ClevelandPosts: 3 ✭✭

I use go sms

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017 9:46AM

I've tried quite a few including Textra, Chomp, Go SMS, and Google messenger, but currently I'm settled on YAATA (Yet Another Android Texting App), which I believe was developed by one of the guys of XDA who couldn't find one that he really liked. It is very feature-rich and customizable, including assigning individual color schemes to each of your contacts which is helpful for group MMS chats. It does have an annoying habit of sometimes popping up the previously received attachment when you're trying to open the newest, but I think that is something being fixed.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kidnova thanks I will have to try YAATA

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Facebook messenger has become my default, not by choice, but out of necessity. That is where everyone I talk to it! I have a lot of messenger apps, and they rarely get much use. Even Hangouts is fading away.

Microsoft Teams is big at work though.