Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Personal(Digital) Assistant

ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod
<body><p>
Do you use one of these personal assistants on a regular basis, and if so which one do you prefer? How can they be improved, and is there any role ZTE can play in making them better, more compatible, or add to their value. I realize the program is outside of ZTE's control, however things as simple as a better quality microphone, can add a much better experience.</p><p>I personally don't use them on a regular basis, and find them to be more of a novelty. I do however know a few people that swear by them.</p></body>

Personal(Digital) Assistant 25 votes

Siri
4% 1 vote
Cortana
12% 3 votes
Google Assistant
68% 17 votes
Other
16% 4 votes

Comments

• hiker75hiker75 FloridaPosts: 108

I don't use any of these... think I tried a few times, but just never got into them that much. I know my kids use them for fun.. ask the assistant random questions just for the heck of it.  So like you, seems to be novelty for us.

• elflaireelflaire Kampala - UgandaPosts: 101

I haven't been a user or fan of these - i have seen a few reviews of these on Phonearena where reviewers give them age and personality but that's just about it.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I don't use these at all. No need really when there are smartphones.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'll use Google Attendant, She is pretty smart!!

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

Google now, second is cortana.

• I activated the city and for about a week and never used it.

Oh, I misunderstood this. I was thinking about pda devices, not software.

I probably would use the software, if I needed to.

I'll probably use Google Assistant if I ever need to.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't used Google Assistant yet. But, expect to in the future. Hope to get Google Home.

We use Alexa every day and I expect Google Home to be even better.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

I don't use these programs, but was excited for Cortana. Instead, I was extremely disappointed, and it caused a few issues with my laptop. My daughters laptop, Cortana would not configure properly. It continuously said no microphone installed. By the time updates came out, it was not worth the headache to go back and bother with it.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Cortana is bae, lol jk she's horrible.

I had the same issue, after first installing Windows 10. They seem to have it right now, though.

I mean, the mic works OK now. Neither Alexa nor Cortana is anywhere near as good as Google Now, but Alexa keeps getting better, week by week. I probably don't use Cortana enough to say.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't vote because there is no option for none   I don't care for them,  I've tried the ones above plus others,  and just don't care for them.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok Google, give me a neck massage.
    It's broke! :/

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Each one has it's attributes.

You for got Hound.  ;-)

• My wife has been my personal assistant for thirty one years and I hers. So I'm not allowed anymore personal assistants than the one I have.

Keep it in the family!!!!!

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

ROFL!

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I have tried a couple if them from time to time but to be honest I don't think they are interactive enough for me yet to make me feel I need to use one on a daily basis. I'm sure it is coming in the future (AI type smartphones some day) but not now, for me.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have to laugh also.  That's a good reply!

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Google's is all I currently use.

Funny. I think of myself as my wife's personal assistant.

Of course, we're both the assistants to our dog. I call her the queen of the house.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

that is funny, but I know the feeling.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ lol something tells me they'd never pay up. Funny thing is Ok Google always sounded stupid to me, I always called it Google Assistant....who knew..

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Google Assistant can find key information instantly, which I find helpful. I was leaving on a trip and instantly got a weather update for the place I was going to.  A movie starts on TCM and I can instantly get a summary of the film.  A friend dragged me to a new restaurant and I could instantly get suggestions on what to order.  So, GA  is useful for me.

This discussion has been closed.