Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Favored Notification Method (When In Silent Mode)

kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>A short Poll to let ZTE know which notification method it's consumers prefer. Please state why you prefer a certain method and the pros and cons relating to other methods. </p><p></p><p>If there is another method you prefer please let me know and it will be added! If you prefer two methods of notification let me know and I will see how I can incorporate them into the Poll</p></body>

Favored Notification Method (When In Silent Mode) 43 votes

Notification LED
67% 29 votes
Always On Display
9% 4 votes
Wave Over Device or Pick Device Up
4% 2 votes
Both Notification LED and Always On Display
18% 8 votes

Comments

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vibrate seems a little obvious since all manufacturers have it, but if someone thinks it should be added let me know!

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very satisfied with the standard led and vibration schemes. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Thank you for your feedback

How did you come up with that username? I accidentally put my email address, wish I could change it.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Contact the mods, they could probably help you out. They are kind and helpful.

The username I came up with long ago for a game I used to play.
    If you look up the definition of doppelganger, it can be an evil twin of oneself.
    Since I am generally a nice guy, I needed to be a not so nice guy in my game, so I came up with doppleganger.
    Now I use it as a username for various online forums.
    I also add the D on the end since my first name starts with D, and it also sometimes plays out like
    "hey you just got doppelgangerd" lol

May I ask what the D stands for?

Dork

Haha

• valtraca82valtraca82 PortugalPosts: 33

Both as long as I can turn it on or off

• 2pointdooj2pointdooj Morocco, OujdaPosts: 590 ✭✭✭✭

On-screen (amoled)

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like the led notification system. I would't mind having constant audio reminders like the old filp phones with the option to turn it off.

• hiker75hiker75 FloridaPosts: 108

I like the notification LED and vibrate. 

• elflaireelflaire Kampala - UgandaPosts: 101

I wouldn't mind having all the above - On a side note the Oppo Find 7 had an interesting beautifully executed  Skyline LED notification light which I really liked a lot!

oppo-find7-4.jpg

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I love the led light, one great feature that's an android exclusive

It would be helpful to state why you prefer a certain method over another one, and maybe it's pros and cons....

Actually, that goes for everyone, didn't mean to single you out.

Interesting, thank you for the suggestion!

Oh my, some did not allow you turn them off? That is terrible.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I agree, led and vibrate all day long for me.

Looks like Always On Display is getting no love. Listen up ZTE, do not get rid of the LED notification light, even if you implement an always on display!

You can see it blink when the phone is just down without having to touch it or anything.

No where have I mentioned that the ZTE Axon 7 did not have a notification light... I know it does.

I never questioned you on it lol

​ I see what you mean now I thought you had replied to my post down below!

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I'm not sure if I even used this feature. Perhaps I never turned the device to silent. LED is the only thing that sounds familiar I might use to tell me if there is something new on the device, so I'll vote for that.

I am so confused haha

LED is better, it drags attention more than always on display.

I have the Moto X, it is not an always on notification, but you sort of wave over it to see all your notification.

It's pretty nice!

I think ZTE should include this feature, it will benefit from the Amoles display. (Battery saving)

• reoreo North AmericaPosts: 167

Quiet, not power hungry and easily ignored when need be.  Still able to option certain calls, alerts or messaging to filter thru.

This discussion has been closed.