Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Favored Notification Method (When In Silent Mode)

2»

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the idea of an always on display, but only if I can schedule it to be on or off.  DOn't have one as of yet, but I think this would be my preferred method.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

well that would defeat the purpose of "always on" lol but seriously, I agree, being able to toggle on/off the feature would be useful.

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Always On When I Want It to Be and Never Any Time Else"

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Samsung released a software update to enable it on the S7 and S7 edge, so it can be done

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

Hmmmmmm.....that has a good ring to it...they should change the name

Oh I don't know... It could be just the slightest long winded, just barely.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I go crazy over the blinking led light I have grown to love with all my phones I had in the past. People thought I was crazy when I was waving at  my phone when I had the Moto X (Pure Edition- Always On Display). So I am staying basic with just the led light for now on.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

• oldirtyewokoldirtyewok Champlain, NYPosts: 165

I'm a LED only person myself.  With the ability to change colors depending on notifications, i know if I can ignore the notification or not.

However, my beef now is that I gotta turn my phone LED side down cause of the fact that it distracts my 7 month old from trying to sleep.

From the results of this poll, it is very interesting that some manufactures do not include the notification LED. It makes or breaks it for some people.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I heart led

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having both would be nice.

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

​, have you asked one of the moderators? I'm sure they have some admin rights that we do not incase someone created an off color username. I think that might be a nice option if you could mix it up like on Instagram.

• msieger2018msieger2018 United StatesPosts: 104 ✭✭✭✭

Always on if minimal battery loss (1/2% an hour)

This discussion has been closed.