Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Metal Uni-Body or Wireless Charging

kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>So far there is no way to have both a uni-body metal device while also having wireless charging. Which would you prefer to have in a device, a metal uni-body construction or wireless charging? </p></body>

Metal Uni-Body or Wireless Charging 21 votes

Metal Uni-Body Construction
57% 12 votes
Wireless Charging
42% 9 votes

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently this went nowhere: Qualcomm Becomes First Company to Enable Wireless Charging for Mobile Devices with Metal Cases | Qualcomm​ I chose wireless charging not because of the wireless charging, but i prefer non metal because of styleswap cover choices, which you can't do with the metal.  I uses cases, but would use clear and bamboo cover if I had the choice

• kimberlybrookeskimberlybrookes Kansas City, Kansas, USAPosts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for providing this link! I may add this information to the description.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's from 2015, so i'm surprised nobody has been able to use this technology yet.  Something must not be perfected.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I could care less about wireless charging to be honest... If you want to use your phone while charging, the charging stops since you picked up the phone from the charging plate. I know it's convenient not having to plug in a cable, but having a cable plugged in when charging, you still can use the phone... That's the one thing I dislike about wireless charging. Rather just have a good build quality and live without wireless charging. But if it can have both, I guess I wouldn't mind.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

or just too expensive

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I personally like a metal uni-body design.  There lots of devices with a mixture of metal and plastic I like as well. Wireless charging is just a bonus feature to me and not  a must have.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unibody,but I  want both.

This discussion has been closed.