Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What is the selling point for you on a new electronic (Phone or Tablet)?

kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>With all of the iPhone and Axon talk, I was wondering what people really looked at in searching for a phone? If you pick other or look for more than one thing, I'd be interested to hear about it in the comments!</p></body>

What is the selling point for you on a new electronic (Phone or Tablet)? 37 votes

The quality of the camera
13% 5 votes
The storage size
5% 2 votes
The sound output
0% 0 votes
The screen size
13% 5 votes
The price
24% 9 votes
Other
43% 16 votes

Comments

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

All of the above.. It needs to be the total package, like the Axon 7. Obviously "The total package" is subjective, and everyone is different; but that's why it's great to have choices that the free market allows.

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree! Every aspect needs to be looked at when purchasing a new phone or device. It may be very strong in one category, such as camera, but without a decent storage, it severely limits the pros.

Absolutely, especially considering how much these devices in general cost.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Impulsive buying and just love technology, always wanting to try the latest things.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Battery Life!

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,574 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They are all considerations among other things.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

lol sometimes you just have too.

• lindsayllindsayl Maine, United StatesPosts: 221

I would say for me it is a combination of things, which would be screen size, camera quality, battery, physical appearance, operating system, and price

I agree. It is a bundle deal.

• reoreo North AmericaPosts: 167

Manufacturers commitment to updating software.

That is a great point. Nobody wants to buy a $600 brand new phone to maybe have one update before having to buy a new phone to access those new features.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

All of the above and more.  Can't limit your decision to just one feature or function.  I try to get the most features and functionality for a device as I can for the most reasonable price. Price to feature ratio. That's most important to me.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

With any new phone or tablet it is easy for a single feature to become a deal breaker, especially if there is a premium to be paid.

For a tablet, if I am going to spend laptop (close to $500+) pricing, then I expect the best of everything. Same with a phone.

If lower priced, then I expect the core functions to be good, with probably one thing that really stands out.

That's why I said it's subjective, everyone is different and has different wants and needs regarding devices. It's purely a "Whatever works for you" thing.

• Well certainly the overall package of the phone has to be nice, but there are certain aspects such as the price point of a phone and the speaker quality that can convince me to buy that phone and not a competitor's.

• mrknight85mrknight85 United StatesPosts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

all of the choices i need the full package and the axon & has them all zte hit the nail on the head i has it all #ztelove

• jtma11024jtma11024 Bluffton, SCPosts: 91 ✭✭

All of the above. Quality build is paramount.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something that can take a beating, and has a decent processor and amount of memory.

This discussion has been closed.