Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What launcher(s) do you use the most?

02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>Which launchers do you use? I tend to stick to Nova Pro or Google Now Launcher. Comment below with your favorites.</p></body>

What launcher(s) do you use the most? 78 votes

The native factory installed launcher
20% 16 votes
Google Now
21% 17 votes
Nova
46% 36 votes
Apex
1% 1 vote
Action
3% 3 votes
Go
1% 1 vote
Other, Comment below
5% 4 votes

Comments

• ciko84xp@gmail.com[email protected] Rossano (CS) - ItalyPosts: 50

I love Nova Launcher, but i voted Native Launcher!

This because i don't know if ZTE Unlock Bootloader.

For me Nova Launch is really good and i love his features, but is a little bit invasive and put it on a pre-existing Launcher is like a wall on shoulders for our devices. Different thing is if ZTE Unlock Bootloader, because i can cook my own ROM and made it with native NOVA Launcher!

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've not had any issues running Nova instead of the OEM launcher. What are you referring to as far as the bootloader? You can still swap launchers out of the box non-rooted and locked bootloader.

• osmosizosmosiz USA - NJPosts: 250

I paid for nova so no matter what phone i get, I always redownload nova and replace the stock launder. Makes the phone feel familiar. Always

Me too, I love being able to save my nova settings and import them back on the new device.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've played around with Nova and Buzz but always seem to just use the Sense UI on my HTC. 

I'm glad to hear at least one person likes Sense, that means it wasn't a complete failure for them. Haha

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,253 mod

I like sense too for the most part and like the fact that its stripped down even more in the htc 10, but it really is all I've known for the last 3 years or so, I've tried different launchers but go back to the stock sense, looking forward to a more stock experience with the Azon 7.

It's stock or very close to stock for me. Everyone is different though. At least we have choices on this side of the fence.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As long as I can turn off Blinkfeed, which I can, it's just fine

Yeah, Blinkfeed was awful!

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

I usually stay with the default, unless it is really sucky. Then I will try a few until I find one that works for me.

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

I'm familiar with Windows OS, mostly, and so I've never had the ability to use an optional launcher. I'm not even sure what a "launcher" is.

Even with Windows, I had to play around with Stardock

Well, where have I been? I'll have to check it out.

There are launchers in the Windows Store, but they're simple and don't launch any other apps. There's a ridiculous "Kit-Kat" launcher than changes your home screen to an Android look, but it doesn't work with all apps. Silly stuff in the Windows Store.

Window's store drives me crazy!!!!

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Chrome.

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its awful! It looked promising when first announced but they never really took the time to smooth out the cracks.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Mainly stock/native launcher or the Google Now launcher, depending on how bad the native launcher is

If they had spent another year developing Win 10 and all it's components prior to launch, it might have been an all-around contender. Unfortunately, Microsoft took some steps backward with it's mobile OS platform, choosing to continue to follow Apple's lead, rather than go the Android route. I don't think it's too late for Microsoft, but they're hammering away at the last nail in their coffin.

• oldirtyewokoldirtyewok Champlain, NYPosts: 165

I tend to stay with default launchers... unless they're terrible, then i switch over to Nova.

• lindsayllindsayl Maine, United StatesPosts: 221

I've always used the default on any phone or device I've used for the most part

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Zte's stock one but I've played around with Nova asus Zen and okgoogle

• ciko84xp@gmail.com[email protected] Rossano (CS) - ItalyPosts: 50

Yes i know! But i talk about CPU wearying... i cook ROM for over 10 years old, and for experience put a Louncher on a OEM Louncher existent is really heavy for the device! Maybe with a flagship killer like Axon 7 the problem doesn't exist, but many years ago it was really a problem, and because i'm taraditionalist, if i can't cook a ROM by myself, i choose to give up Nova Louncher rather straining the device!

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

It used to be Nova Launcher Prime for me, but ever since Google Now Launcher came into existence, I have permanently moved onto GNL and I like it. I am Google Now user and it is just a swipe away to access in Google Now Launcher, so I stuck with it and it is a promising and fluid launcher. The rumors are that starting Android N, Google will remove app drawer (i hope not), then i dont have a choice but to move back to the Nova Launcher.

Yeah, I hear ya on that.. I wish GNL had the customization options that Nova Prime does though.

• flybriflybri LAPosts: 219 ✭✭

Nova Launcher is by far the best launcher out there.  Great interface, TONS of customization features.  Totally awesome.

It's my favorite, but obviously alot of people like others. If the Google Now Launcher offered everything that Nova did, then I would use that; but sadly it doesn't.

Alright, so what does Nova launcher offer that Google Now doesn't?

• flybriflybri LAPosts: 219 ✭✭

Have a look for yourself: Nova Launcher

Much more customization

This discussion has been closed.