Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

The Future of the Phone

<body><p>As new technology is developed screens will be able to do some very cool things such as roll or fold, which screen would you rather see?</p></body>

The Future of the Phone 49 votes

A rollable screen!
14% 7 votes
A foldable screen!
36% 18 votes
A tiny device that projects a larger hologram of a device!
26% 13 votes
Other, blow me away with your creativity!
22% 11 votes

Comments

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I would love to just keep the phone simple. I like the curve idea of a screen already. But a rollable or foldable (screen) phone doesn't really wow me like it should. I'm a simple guy.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

#ZTE #AXON-7

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

A small device that when you turn it on a bunch of holograms appear around you with everything from a dj to play your music or facebook popping up pics you don't care about.

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

Hologram! A headgear that is your smartphone with a tiny laser beaming a user-selectable choice of either a see-through hologram display or a solid hologram display, in which the display size itself can be customized. 8k resolution however, with 3-D capability!

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I don't see the every day benefit from a hologram phone (minus the wow factor). I would like to see the foldable screen so that phone can fit in your pocket comfortably but can be unfolded for a tablet like experience if need be. Definitely something I would  buy in the future!

• http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/lg-rollable-oled-hands-on-video/

rollable is gonna happen soon. I think phones are going to get bigger than suddenly start shrinking again.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like it!

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

With all the VR and AR  interest right now, I see it head toward holograms.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I want my own personal R2D2 to spit out holograms not a phone lol!

• msieger2018msieger2018 United StatesPosts: 104 ✭✭✭✭

Rollable screen so that if something hits the screen it is less likely to crack since it can move

• mi_lionmi_lion Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

A 90% 3D full Amoled screen with only bezel on Top of device for notify/sensors/front camera .....wait ..wait..it's coming to a phone near you soon! 

This discussion has been closed.