Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Single feature on new Nexus to tip the scale?

ryano'connorryano'connor Milwaukee, WI Posts: 16
<body><p>Is there any single feature that would tip the scale and cause you to buy the new Nexus?  Vote below!  (of course this is all speculation and Rumors !)    </p><p></p><p>Also-  I'm new to the Z-community.  I've been looking at things Android for several years (I have a Nexus 5) and I'm finally in the market for a new phone.  Was leaning One Plus 3 until I came across the Axon 7...  now I'm anxiously awaiting a US release date like most folks I see on here.  Seems like a great, positive community (something I also didn't see on the OnePlus boards..) </p></body>

Single feature on new Nexus to tip the scale? 44 votes

Project Tango Integration
4% 2 votes
Large Screen + 5.7"
2% 1 vote
Huge battery life & fast charge + 4000mA
11% 5 votes
Next gen Snapdragon 821 (rumor)
9% 4 votes
Expandable Storage (if they would break precedent and try this)
20% 9 votes
The partnership Hardware builder (HTC, Huawei)
0% 0 votes
The Nexus Android Update/Release infrastructure
6% 3 votes
The "Pure" Android Experience
11% 5 votes
Multiple things taken as a whole / Have to see it first...
25% 11 votes
Other - please leave a comment
9% 4 votes

Comments

• oldirtyewokoldirtyewok Champlain, NYPosts: 165

I was originally going to wait for the Nexus 2016 models to be announced.

But then ZTE came in and stole the show with their Axon 7.  However, now i'm not so sure, the hype about the Axon 7 is quickly dissipating due to lack of launch information.  We've been kept here hanging for some time, and wasn't expecting to be taken for a ride for this long.  I say that tongue in cheek, it really only has been a little less than a month since the China release.  But in the mobile world, things move VERY quickly.

I have no brand loyalty, and will gravitate towards whichever phone gives me the best bang for my buck.

If this keeps up, i may just wait for the new Nexus 2016 devices which aren't that far off.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

Your a good one bud I have a weak spot for brand loyalty.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

#ZTE #AXON-7

• arysynarysyn IllinoisPosts: 1,067

I voted for "other". I would like to see a Nexus made by Sony with waterproofing, bone conduction spleakers, 4k Triluminos display, along with built-in 32-bit HiFi audio chips.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have to see it first.  The way things are going, we may see it before we can get the Axon 7.  Heyooooooo.  Yeah I just went there.

• oldirtyewokoldirtyewok Champlain, NYPosts: 165

lol... We're joking, but not really...

• Let hope that doesn't happen. Any longer of  a wait and I will see what google has in store for me. I do like my nexus 6p so hopefully the next nexus is even better.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I chose 'Update', but could have just as easily picked 'Pure Android', because both are equally important to me. I will be getting it either way.

• jamesjames Pennsylvania, USAPosts: 423

I've got to agree. Hearing nothing new every day is getting old, especially for those of us who are getting awfully frustrated with our buggy old phones. The Nexus 6P and Galaxy Note 5 are looking pretty darned good at the moment.

My battery is staring to give out.  Charge not lasting long enough...after 2 1/2 years I don't blame it. I just want to put it out of its misery, it's quality of life is getting worse every day

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I know how you feel. I bought a OP3 to try till it finally gets launched. I typically try several different phones every year (my hobby) and settle in on one as my daily driver. The OP3 is an excellent phone so far. Absolutely no issues with it, very nice device.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can't say any one thing would tip me twards a Nexus device. Maybe a big battery.

My phone's 1 GB system and Windows OS just isn't cutting it, anymore. It crashes constantly, freezes for no apparent reason, and now refuses to send email via the Outlook app. BLAH!

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It would have to be like the Axon Pro but offer 823 Snapdragon 64 to 128 GB ROM, 6 to 8 GB RAM the dual SIMS and expandable storage options.  Possibly even adapting features from Robin like cloud storage, archiving, switching ROMs, and some modular abilities like being able to swap out cameras, batteries and digitizers. As well as breathing LEDs and unlocked bootloader like RootJoy from UMI.  All covered by standard Passport 2.0. 

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I definitely here what you are saying you make some valid points. Hopefully the Axon 7 will be released very soon and put every ones mind at ease. I'm trying to stay hopefully optimistic

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

WOW!!! That's all huh lol A tall order for sure but all great requests

• ryano'connorryano'connor Milwaukee, WI Posts: 16

Love my Nexus 5 (why I'm interested in Nexus phones)...but I think my phone can tell I'm shopping  around...battery is loosing charge fast, my phone is lagging ... camera seems woefully inadequate now that I read 16-25mp rear (my Nexus 5 has an 8 mp !! )  Harder  and harder to read new releases with crazy specs... holding out for the axon 7.... h o l d i  n g......o....u...t...

Mine's got an 8.7 mp and still takes great pics, but the higher mp count and much better sensors makes for awesome depth of field compared to 3 year old phones. Since installing Win 10 battery life has been horrible - getting about half a day with normal use, if I'm lucky. For nearly 3 years I never used another phone, but after trying the S7 for a day, and helping someone set up a Note 5, I've realized just how out of date and slow my phone as become. The one issue I still have is that I'm on Verizon, and while the A7 is banded for CDMA it has yet to be used on the network, so purchasing the A7 would be a bit of a risk for me. I may have to give it a week after launch to see if others are able to use it on Verizon's stingy network.

I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile a couple years ago -  when i upgraded the buggy Galaxy Nexus to the Nexus 5.  Great move.  I have been loving t-mobile.  Only a couple areas I dont get great reception and thats at a cabin in northern Wisconsin.. where I should be unplugged anyway. 

I don't get a reception at all with T-Mobile where I am. I left Verizon for a day to try T-Mobile, mostly because I hate the fact that phone selection is so limited and Verizon is horrible about white-listing phones that are compatible with it's network. T-Mobile's pricing is fantastic compared to Verizon, and they offer great services like Binge On. Alas, I had to crawl back to Verizon with my tail between my legs.

sorry to hear!  I'm in Milwaukee and travel for work mostly to large metro areas.  But driving between cities in Wisconsin I loose service often.  Hopefully t-mobile keeps adding bandwidth / expanding service area.

Nice to see another Cheesehead on here   I am in a Milwaukee Suburb and T-Mobile coverage is non existant.  I so wish I could jump on the un-carrier bandwagon, but leave a metro area in the US and T-Mobile doesn't have you covered.  I was hoping they would buy US Cellular to pick up the rural areas!

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really do not have much of a wishlist for Nexus... But if I were to looking for one, I am hoping it comes with at least a Snapdragon 820 or 821, 4gb of ram, starting off with 32gb or 64gb of storage, a good camera (just like the current Nexus, huge improvement in camera), decent size battery (~3000mAh, depending on resolution and size of display), maybe a 4.7" (for small version) or 5.5" AMOLED (bigger version) display, and a phone that have many network bands available, something similar to the current Nexus 6P and iPhone.

For the upcoming Nexus top end phone, if it's the same 5.7" as  the current 6P, it should have at least a 4200mAh battery, SD 823, 64gb storage, IOS 16mp+ camera with an f/1.8 or better aperture, fingerprint sensor, 2K display, and a micro-sd card. TANGO would be nice, as well!!!!!

The smaller version should come with the SD 820, 3400mAh battery, same camera, 32gb storage, fingerprint sensor, 2K display, micro-sd support, and be Daydream ready.

• Hopefully with smaller bezels too. 

• For me, DEFINITELY expandable storage. Another cool option would be waterproofing. Sony did it with dual front facing speakers.

And get rid of that weird camera area on the back of the phone. That's just too hideous to have on a high end phone.

• I thought that would bother me when I looked at the phone in pics,  but when I got the 6p I didn't mind the camera area.  It's the big iPhone like bezels I hate.

Oh man, I really dislike the iPhone bezels! Maybe "dislike" is an understatement.

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

The nexus 2016 (HTC) model supposedly to have the Snapdragon 821 and not the 823.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

#ZTE #AXON-7

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭

User replaceable battery is one of my biggest demands of a smartphone. Because my choices are fairly limited for flagship devices (LG), it isn't a deal breaker for me, but it does sting a bit when I see a great phone that doesn't have a user replaceable battery, ie Axon 7.

This discussion has been closed.