Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Do you like the Snapdragon series or do you wish ZTE would use another SOC?

musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>Do you like the performance of the snap dragon series or do you wish that ZTE would us another SoC?</p></body>

Do you like the Snapdragon series or do you wish ZTE would use another SOC? 36 votes

Snapdragon is a great SoC series
80% 29 votes
I like my Nvidia SoC
5% 2 votes
Lets give Mediatek a chance
2% 1 vote
Allwinner Soc arent that bad
2% 1 vote
Exynos SoC
5% 2 votes
other not listed
2% 1 vote

Comments

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like Qualcomm Snapdragon series, they're pretty good mobile processor, but I do wish there's more competitors. I also like Samsung Exynos, as it seems like Samsung processors are pretty good on their own phones at the moment and even on Meizu phones, but not many manufacturers are using Samsung.

• 02busa02busa United StatesPosts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Snapdragon...

• cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, Exynos is conspicuously missing from the survey. I can't see ZTE ever using Huawei's Kirin SOC's, but those are missing too.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

omg WOW cant believe i spaced and forgot to list Exynos lol  , Samsung makes some pretty awesome Soc as well, the Axon Pro gets a bit too warm so I really hope that the snapdragon this year is under control on the Axon 7 .. There heat shield on this years casing looks alot better so we can only hope

• flybriflybri LAPosts: 219 ✭✭

Mediatek will probably start to surprise some people in the near future

• keshijikeshiji ChilePosts: 68

Qualcomm, they release their drivers.

MediaTek is somewhat meh when it comes to releasing drivers and stuff like that, so... nope!

YEP!

I added it once i noticed i missed that option lol ..

• delle17delle17 North Carolina, United StatesPosts: 730 ✭✭

I feel the fire of the dragon so I am still with Snapdragon.

"A Phone made entirely with you (me) in mind!"

Never Settle

#ZTE #AXON-7

it definitely feels like its on fire sometimes hahaha

• cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it looks like the survey has been updated to include more options. Thanks, ​.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Content with Snapdragon.

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

I like Snapdragon a lot, but I love NVIDIA's GPUs.  Unfortunately, I know how power-hungry NVIDIA's SoCs have been, and they're just not viable in a phone-sized package.  If only Qualcomm would license NVIDIA's GPUs for their SoCs....

I had all I could stand dealing with NVFlash with their Tegra SoCs..

That would be completely EPIC [email protected]!!

• I like my Tegra X1 processors anyday of the week over a Snapdragon and there over hyped bull. They claim all these battery enhancements yet I havnt seen a phone that doesnt swallow battery when actually being used yet..

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

I wish other companies were on the same level as snapdragon to make them compete, but as of right now there really is no competition

Uh oh! Impending flames coming!

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,247 mod

I have no complainants with snapdragon processors, they are powerful and I don't really have anything negative to say about them. Although I'm sure to learn more  and  possible change my mind by reading through some of these comments

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,574 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with the Dragon!!

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,247 mod

ENTER THE DRAGON!!!!

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would have liked Intel to make a decent x86 mobile CPU. This would allow for a smartphone which will run a desktop version of windows 10, which is infinitely better than the mobile ARM versions of windows.

It would take these smartphones to the next level, with even more freedom, such as being able to dual boot Windows and Android.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

haha everything seemed to pass

Apparently so, guess not that many XDA members here. Haha

That may be a good thing considering some of their attitudes.  I'm actually an XDA member but I don't spend much time there. Their solution to everything is to root it.

The Tegra X1 is a fantastic chip until you try to run it off of a battery. I love it in my SHIELD Android TV, but my SHIELD K1 (with the K1 chip and not the more powerful X1) definitely has battery life troubles at times, despite the relatively huge battery it has compared to 8 inch Snapdragon-based tablets.

To be fair, alot of the time that is your only avenue since alot of OEMs are terrible at fixing their software issues.

ZTE was the first company and first phone Ive ever owned I didnt need to root or flash custom rom on. Every Galaxy (owned 1-6) and even my nexus devices all needed to be rooted and altered in some way to make the device usable to me. With my Axon Pro the only thing I had to do was download Nova launcher lol

Everyone is different, I can already see things I would want to ditch. Namely MiFavor. To each their own.

This discussion has been closed.