Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What kind of screen do you prefer?

beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭
<body><p>I have to admit being a bit dismayed at early reports that the Axon 7 will not have Adobe RGB capability. I know some only people only care about vivid colour, but others, like me, prefer a natural option for a more realistic look (especially important in photographs). With so many phones this year coming closer and closer to hitting it out of the park on all fronts, screen quality becomes a bigger issue. Of course, there are also viewing angles and outdoor brightness to consider, but most phones are pretty decent now, and also FD vs. QHD. The better phones have options to allow users to choose what colour profile they like. What matters more to you?</p></body>

What kind of screen do you prefer? 26 votes

I prefer a high resolution screen with accurate calibration and wider colour range
88% 23 votes
I don't care, just as long as it's bright
3% 1 vote
Other - please leave comment
7% 2 votes

Comments

• teutonjon78teutonjon78 USAPosts: 326 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the distinction you are making? AMOLED is OLED.

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

I prefer a screen who's priority is battery life. The screen always does suck down the most juice, even if it's a 1080p AMOLED. If I want seriously accurate color calibration for photo editing, I'll use my laptop, or my work PC. I don't need 100% accurate Adobe RGB on what is essentially my camera's viewfinder. Nor do I need it for watching Netflix or YouTube or playing Final Fantasy. But I DO need the screen to be very power efficient so that I can do what I want to do for as long as possible.

This discussion has been closed.