Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What kind of GPS device do you use?

2»

Comments

• hakimfaroukhakimfarouk Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaPosts: 2

I use Google Maps on my smartphone. Happy with it so far

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

The phone with Google Maps is all I ever use. It's extremely handy when I decide to ride the bus somewhere. I don't ride it very often, so I don't know all of the routes. It always leads me to the right stop, and the fastest route to take.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

In my car, I always use my Garmin.  Like having a dedicated device.  That may change if my next car has Android Auto.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I voted mobile phone, but it's Android Auto on my car's screen, does that count as mobile phone or in-car?

• tomwattstomwatts Posts: 39 ✭✭✭✭

Mobile Navigation App: Google Maps, Here Maps, MapMyRun & Runtastic Pro(for Hiking)

GPS Device: Garmin nuvi 2797 (for long driving)

Pretty much satisfied with my navigation.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use all three.

I have built in Nav system in my work van.

Have a Garmin I use in the car for long trips.

If I'm in a hurry I pull out my phone for a short quick map.

• Google maps and waze that's all I need!

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Google Maps and Waze on smartphone! Navigation from Garmin, TomTom is just not reliable anymore!

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEO United StatesPosts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I still have my stand alone Garmin, and most of my cars have GPS in them already.  But using a smartphone is so easy now, you can skip that if you car doesn't have it.  Save some money if you wish, but I would rather have a REAL GPS unit in my vehicles...and not use a smartphone.

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use my phone with Google maps, mostly because the GPS system in my 2015 Traverse is horrible to interact with.

• mi_lionmi_lion Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

Use phone with Google Maps with voice assist turn by turn navigation.

Wish I could mirror phone screen to cars (bigger display screen) but my car not support it.

• batman101batman101 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Google maps on Android.

This discussion has been closed.