Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Would you like the Google Dialer to be installed

1234568»

Comments

• Most definitely. The stock dialer is very, very weak in comparison to Google's which not only looks/acts nicer (personal opinion) but also searches and gives you numbers for local businesses, etc.

• You can always install the google dialer afterwards, why not have a built in option and then have the flexibility to choose to install google if you want.

• trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I installed the Asus ZenUI dialer. Since I just came from a Zenfone 2 I am comfortable with it, plus it let's me block numbers.

• lubesterlubester Posts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't know what google dialer is, so no, i don't think i need or want it. 

• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 170 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a factory reset on nougat. Then when I was reinstalling my apps I installed a old version of google dialer and contacts. It even now uses the google dialer section of the dialer to make calls out! not the ZTE section. Nice to see full contacts photos again!

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am currently using the side loaded Google dialer and contacts also. I've always like them. I was using the Zen dialer w/ the black theme which I also really like. I switch every now and again. Isn't Android great!!!

• gersh41gersh41 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only versions I have had luck with after the Nougat upgrade is Google dialer 2.05, and Google contacts, Version: 1.5.16.  If you search for those versions, and download the apk, they will install, no root.  It has call blocking, Caller ID by Google, and Visual Voice mail, all working. Only thing that isn’t working for me is Quick Responses. If you still want to use Hiya, used “QuickShortcutMaker” to make a direct shortcut to the hidden app.

• stanthemanstantheman Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the ZEN dialer...how do you start a phone call using the speakerphone? Can you turn on speakerphone first and then dial the number? I cannot seem to be able to do that. Any help????

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When you enter the number your calling and hit the dial button the stock dialer should immediately show on your screen. Touch the red speaker button and you will activate the speakerphone while it is dialing. I hope this helps you.

How do you turn on the speakerphone using OK Google? Which dialer is actually doing the dialing?

Starting with the ZEN dialer you are saying that the stock dialer should show up on the screen???? Sorry but that does not work. Something changed after the Nougat update...I think.

That's just it...I do not have any speakerphone symbol that I can find.

Got a screen shot??

That's the problem...I do not have any speakerphone symbol that I can find.

I have tried using both as the default and neither one shows any speakerphone button. I am really getting tired of the MiFavor merry-go-round here. I have never had any phone give me so many strange quirks in my life. I am quite sure this phone will be going bye-bye. I am also relatively sure that this did not happen until after the Nougat update. Any screen shot if possible?

I have the ZEN dialer listed as the default right now and there is no speakerphone button. In fact the dialer button remains green even after the call is connected and there is no way to hang up. THis is all while I am initiating the call. I think when someone calls me things are different...more like they should be. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ZEN dialer and no help. Gotta be MiFavor.

I removed ZEN dialer. Using default. It looks like it is starting to work again. The dialer comes up white but after it connects it turns to a black theme? Why doesn't the default dialer open up with a black theme? Not sure how to use HiYa. At least now I am getting the speakerphone button and the dialer turns from green to red when connected so I can hang up. Very strange! Come on MWC.

Yes I am thinking of getting a different phone. Just this morning my Gmail did not update until I went in and forced it to sync. Never happened on any other phone I have ever owned (too many to enumerate) and now after Nougat there are just too many strange quirks. I don't call them bugs because they come and go. One day everything works and the next maybe not. I did not do a FDR but I did the reboot and the cache clearing. Again the main test will take place tomorrow at a large gathering of about 1500 or so people and all the phones around me get a signal inside the building when mine did not last time. So we will see what happens under Nougat this time. no signal means new phone. Looking at the LG G6 right now with the limited information available.

This discussion has been closed.