Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Would you Like Double Click Power for Camera app to start?

bronderbronder Columbus, OhioPosts: 13

Would you Like Double Click Power for Camera app to start? 31 votes

Yes.. this seems like a silly oversight
74% 23 votes
No.. I like to unlock, and then hit camera while watching other users already taking shots
25% 8 votes

Comments

• bizarrobizarro Fort McMurray, AlbertaPosts: 6

Double tap fingerprint maybe? That way three taps could take quick picture.

• lee18lee18 United StatesPosts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it just seems like a silly feature not to have. Even my Zenfone 2 lets me hit the volume down button twice as a shortcut.

• realusrealus United StatesPosts: 23

The phrasing in those two options aren't leading in the slightest!  >_> 

Regardless, It would probably be nice for there to be an additional gesture that people could toggle on/off to launch the camera app quicker from the screen off position.  

• techadvisertechadviser New Delhi IndiaPosts: 1

No I would like to start camera app just one click

• shadowsportsshadowsports United StatesPosts: 113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronder,

Sounds like you want stock android.  Settings > Moves > Jump to Camera.

• mi_lionmi_lion Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

Sure...why not... and while we're at it...add option for 3 clicks for sexy maid to bring me coffee in the morning

Seriously though having more options: shutter activation options like volume down twice =launch camera, volume down once to activate shutter (easier for selfie fans), gestures like draw C on screen for camera to open... and finally a "pocket mode" preventing power button on or gestures.. while in pocket ...Xiaomi has had these for long time....and my favorite of all time (exclusive to Xiaomi) Alarm function works with phone completely shut off!

• beaugartbeaugart United StatesPosts: 126 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to disagree with you on one point: my alarm function when the device was off on my Alcatel Idol 3.

• mi_lionmi_lion Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

thanks for the exception...but Xiaomi had this on their 1st phone back in 2011 and has kept in all following phones...so I should say more correctly they were 1st having this feature and in rare company even now!

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.