Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Whats your thoughts on ZTE's MiFavor ? Should ZTE replace it with a completely stock UI?

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So far about 88/111 votes say for ZTE to atleast give the option to get rid of there overboard MIflavor and get back to being close to stock, without having to void my warranty just to flash a better rom, they should allow users to delete there included apps or download them from the play store, dont make me install duplicate apps for every stock app just to fix apps on a phone sold in 2016, like come one this isnt the days of ice cream sanwich here lol

​ I just dont like the MiFlavor haha the MIUI is like Chinese software on an "American Designed" phone it just seems silly

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

So if I understand you correctly ​.... MiFavor is not YourFlavor, MiFlavor and potentially not

• teutonjon78teutonjon78 USAPosts: 326 ✭✭✭✭✭

All previous info pointed towards the Honor 8, which is essentiallly the Huawei P9, except for the global market.

• wuziqwuziq Posts: 74 ✭✭✭✭

i would definitely prefer an actual stock rom, especially since mifavor has some quirks.  it would make more sense, i think, for zte to focus on actual weak spots (like the camera in low light) instead of on what already works (android os in this case).

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

For me the main thing about a stock ROM is the notification shade. If I just want to change the launcher I install Nova. Which I always do anyway. From the looks of things I think ZTE did a good job with their take on the notification shade, it combines the benefits of a line of very quick toggles with an easily accessible "full" set of toggles, while still looking stock instead of cutsie-Korean-brand.  Just make it customizable and I'm happy.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You may not have used an ASUS phone, liket he zenfone 2 which is full of crappy apps that nobody wants.

You got it hehee

​ did you like the announcement ? I was pretty disappointed 

• Agreed, besides the neat looking blue variant and the possibly decent low light camera, it's not that great especially at 399.

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

They did indeed ​. They touted that early on since this phone is capable of making use of some of the latest features. Would be a good time to go vanilla Android with the option to use ZTE apps as they improve.

I know, I dont understand why companies are being stupid and making phones out of 2 pieces of glass, even the best Gorilla glass 5 isnt strong enough to prevent from ever being broken. I wish they would stick with full metal or something as strong, and dont even get me started on the finger prints lol. I had the Galaxy S6 Edge for 2 days before dropping it from about 2.5 feet and shattered the rear glass, thankfully it only took about 10 mins to remove and replace but still stupid lol

​ I can only hope and pray haha I know myself as well as im sure many more will be very disappointed if we have to wait months for Android N just so they can Mifavor the the flavor of the rom Im gonna cry lol

Thats a very good point ​ the price difference is a lot more then we thought it would be with ZTE deciding to lower the cost to $399.00 the phone is EXTREMELY competitive with the pricing strategy. The only way they going to compete is with an amazing camera lol

hahahahahaha I know right, lets just hope for Google that they are focused on a top self camera cause otherwise there will be little reason to choose Nexus vs Axon

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

Glass is much easier on radio waves, it's basically transparent to them.

Metal unibodies present challenges when trying to transmit any kind of

wireless signal, that's why there's always antenna lines and plastic

windows. The ones who use glass (and plastic) solved the issue by avoiding

it completely.

• I thought The Bell would piss me off, but I realized that I can totally live with it. I don't mind it after a few hours of use.

My next big thing: DPI. Why? Why is so high? Please change it to 540 or 560. Yes, I know I can use adb to change it, but it borks up few things.

Glass is the lazy way out, its companies way of saying screw it just throw some glass on the back and call it a day instead of using there engineers and designers to design a phone thats actually worthy of  the hardware inside of it.

This discussion has been closed.