Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Whats your thoughts on ZTE's MiFavor ? Should ZTE replace it with a completely stock UI?

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ FINGER PRINTTTTTTTSSSS AHHHHHHH I hate themmmmm so much lol ...

Metal is the best, HTC has known this for years why cant other OEMs just get on board and smarten up lol

• No question that we'll get nougat in a timely manner. The real question is will nougat be stock Android with gesture support. In the u.s. it's what we want. Mi flavor ui was the biggest mistake zte made. Consensus says software is the biggest flaw of the phone. All I like about the software is the lock screen wallpaper changing randomly and the swipe down to open notification window. Please go stock Android 7.0 so it'll enable quicker and easier updates and silence the critics.

• npaladin2000npaladin2000 Wappingers Falls, NYPosts: 376

At what point do "customizations" make it no longer stock Android.

Remember, TouchWIZ and OptimusUI started off as "customizations." Same with

MotoBLUR. The problem isn't the customizations, the problem is that

everyone draws that line in a different place.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 12:49 AM jimlloyd40 <[email protected]>

• Technically, anything that isn't Nexus-level pure Android is "no longer stock". 

I don't mind features being added, but don't limit existing features just to showcase your own (like the notification bell).

​ I couldnt agree more, its all about options, we shouldnt lose base features of stock just so that OEMs can try new things. New features should be enhancements that can be turned on or off at the decision of the person paying for the device.

I read that earlier, thats crazy I hope its not more than a month before we see our update

Yea ZTE should take this chance to correct the Rom back to next to stock and get that update out quickly to keep us happy lol

• Yeah that phone could definitely slow to a snail's pace at times, that combined with the fact it never notified me of Google reminders and the like, got it shipped back quick. Still have the decent headphones that were a freebie.

That is one of the biggest things to, these companies need to realize if you just going to cover android in an ugly or un-useful skin then they are going to stand out any in this market. There is already plenty of phones like that on the market, the best way to stand out in the US is to position yourself as a truly consumer minded device. 

AMENNN!!!!!!!

• wuziqwuziq Posts: 74 ✭✭✭✭

another reason for stock:  timed do-not-disturb feature

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

After having the phone for less than 24 his I can honestly say I'm not sure where some of the MiFavor issues are coming from. I've disabled most of the stock apps and have installed Google replacements from the play store. I'm very impressed with this phone overall at this point. 

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with many here. Stock Android (like Nexus) and add the apps you want/need is the best way to go in my opinion. In my experience there are less bugs and problems to deal with.

​, yes, you can disable all the stock apps. I DL's the Google messenger app couse it shows images and just plain functions more to my liking. to disable any stock app this is the process and it's easy.

1. remove any shortcuts from home screens and folders

2. open the app drawer and long press the app

3. drag it up to the disable bar

4. PROFIT!!

Also, disabled apps disappear from the app drawer as they should.

I assure you Jim.  It is disabled.  I'm using the stock Android theme and have it disabled as we speak.  If I could add an image I would show you the stack messaging app is no longer in my app drawer.

​ see this screen shot. and notice the Google messaging app and Chrome.

Screenshot_2016-08-20-13-37-37.jpgScreenshot_2016-08-20-13-31-24.jpg

This discussion has been closed.