Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Whats your thoughts on ZTE's MiFavor ? Should ZTE replace it with a completely stock UI?

Comments

• dwbostondwboston Posts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jim - it worked for me.  I downloaded Google Messenger, set it to the default SMS/MMS app, deleted the stock messaging app from the home screen, then went to the app drawer, long pressed the stock app and disabled it.

• dabehrsdabehrs Dripping Springs, TexasPosts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭

​, don't do it from the app settings, just the app drawer. Sorry to hear you have to FacReSet.

What theme are you running. So when you long press from the app drawer you do not see the disable header like the image above?

Sorry man... maybe after reset it will work for you.

I feel ya on that one!

• Whoever originally mentioned textra ( may have been or ) thank you! Its great to have that level of customization as well as being able to see the contacts photos in the list again. Does anyone know of a good dialer app? Its crazy, i loved the slighty plain and simple apps and the Grand X Max 2 but these Axon apps are a little to watered down even for my tastes. Another example would be the calendar widget. Nice and modern looking on the Max, a giant white and black box on the Axon.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, ​, I think we have both mentioned it in a few places here, LOL. It's a great app for sure. I'm not sure about the dialer app, but I know ​ likes the "Contacts Phone Dialer: drupe" app.  You could check that out if you want.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,251 mod

I've tried "Drupe" on and  off again. I like it, although you have  to get used to their way of dragging a contact to dial. I love the customization especially the dark theme!! 

​, I haven't tried it myself, I don't mind the stock dialer app as I don't make many calls to begin with. It looks pretty intuitive though, and yes, I applaud any app that has a dark mode!

Agreed, and you can customize everything differently for different contacts.  The best about it is it just works.  I've never had an issue with it on multiple devices for years now. One of the few apps I've actually purchased.

• dwbostondwboston Posts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disabling app from the app drawer will work if you use the stock launcher with the "Stock Android" theme.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,597 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I downloaded Textra and like it. The only thing I miss is I wish the contacts would show the contacts pictures. Otherwise really like the customization.

Mine do show pics, ​?

​, Textra just fixed my "carrier name on the notification tray" issue:

Which setting is it? I do see pictures when I text someone but when I look them up in contacts there aren't any pictures. I did buy the pro version. There are pictures in the Google messenger contacts.

My contacts do have pictures. When I go into Textra to send a text (into pick recipients) all of my contacts are in there with a red circle to the left of the name instead of their picture. When I touch the contact and then the check mark it goes to the screen to type the text. At this point the picture shows up in the to box with the name of person I am sending the text to.The pics also show up when you enter the screen of texts you have already sent. In using Google Messenger when you go into the contacts to send a text the pics are in there and it makes it a bit easier for me to find the person I am looking for. This is not a huge deal but as nice as this app is I would have thought the pics would be in contacts/pic recipients as well, unless there is a setting to activate this I can't find.

Are you talking about when you hit the + sign to compose?  Or when you first open the app?  My contact pictures show up everywhere.

When you hit + sign then hit +sign  at the top of the screen to go into contacts to pick who you want to text to. All my contacts show no problem but there are no pictures.

This discussion has been closed.