Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Whats your thoughts on ZTE's MiFavor ? Should ZTE replace it with a completely stock UI?

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​ I agree with you, however I personally think this is the single most stupid choice made and just hope they fix it no later than the Android N update

• ​ Oh, I couldn't agree more.  Any design decision that takes functionality away from the user is a bad one at best.  I'm wondering where the focus group was that approved that!

Now that all the bootloader talk has calmed down the only thing the community wants is a true return to stock android like last years Axon, its one thing to add some features but NEVER take away from stock

Lets just hope that ZTE is still listening lol

And is would cost them alot less develop the software and in turn could use that money to help keep the cost of the Next Axon low lol

These are some crazy stats more than 75% of users say they want either MIUI gone or the option to have a actual stock rom and not just a theme./

That is incredible I wish more users would chime in on this survey so we can get ZTE listening

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think they are hearing us, ​, but will they listen

At least they can still make it right by adding the on screen buttons back on

haha I was a fan of on screen keys until I got my Axon 7,I actually after the first few times fell in love with the way they handled the capacitive buttons. now when I use my Axon pro Im like damm I wish these dots where closer together haha

Yes.  I'm assuming maybe they learned from their mistake?  Or maybe there just wasn't real estate for the capacitive keys.

maybe they just thought it was a way to make the phones alittle different lol

That could very well be ​!

• Maybe they have supply chain problems and they say a last minute focus group helped them decide to change it,  resulting in a 2 month delay lol

• Get rid off all stock google apps with the exception of the Google play store, and keep the MI favor UI app versions of the browser, mail etc. that way you keep the UI continuity. If you want Googles version you can always download them. ZTE can always create a self flashable ROM that would be covered by the warranty without the MI favor UI for the Android purists out there. Problem solved. ZTE would instantly become the darling of the industry for such a bold move.  

As per the Google play services agreement there are Apps that they must install Gmail, Google play, Google Search and Youtube, manufacturers dont have a choice, they either install or they cant be certified by Google and they dont get Google Play.

• jtzmax7jtzmax7 Bridgeport, USAPosts: 1,145

Very good point, IMO it's not a big deal to me and if that's the price to pay then so be it i'll take the google apps.

• xxbrun0xxxxbrun0xx Hartford, CTPosts: 69

ZTE has built an incredible piece of hardware. The only drawback to this phone at this point is mifavor. Think about the phones praised for good software: HTC 10, Nexus, OnePlus 3, Moto. All nearly identical to stock with a few tweaks to make use of the hardware. ZTE could give us stock nougat with viper4android, double tap to wake, and some sort of camera and flashlight gestures, the collective Android community would lose their ****. They'd sell truckloads of these. Instead, they're currently losing a lot of business to companies that are willing to do this (OnePlus, Nexus, HTC, moto).

• xxbrun0xxxxbrun0xx Hartford, CTPosts: 69

And it's not like we're asking for something difficult. We as a community would like stock Android (or as close as possible). Even if it means giving up some hardware optimizations made in mifavor. Ideally I think we'd all like CyanogenMod officially on board, but an aosp build we can improve upon would be totally fine. We don't even have factory images

• mantionmantion Knoxville, TNPosts: 157 ✭✭✭

Its crazy,  ZTE makes this forum, acts like they are listening, pays lip service to problems and completely ignore the only option they have to fix their problems. 

• Add another vote for stock Android.

This discussion has been closed.