Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Whats your thoughts on ZTE's MiFavor ? Should ZTE replace it with a completely stock UI?

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oxygen OS is certainly lighter changes to stock and I dont mind it as much but I prefer only adding in a few features but no UI changes,no removing stock elements. Simple additions like the screen shot gesture or the voice broadcast option in the alarm clock. Great additions that add value to the experience

• chui84chui84 Houston,TxPosts: 28

I Agree.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed

I agree.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is true.  Moto used to be really fast with updates.  Not who knows what the long term plan will be for Moto under the Lenovo umbrella.  I actually looked into some Lenovo phones, since i like their laptop products, but they don't release anything in the US bands. We'll see what the future holds for Moto, but it looks as though Lenovo still plans on marketing the brand for now.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.  And don't take away features that are already there.

• I don't get how stock android is so appealing for a lot of people... To be honest I always found it very scarce, lacking tons of features that you could find in touchwizz for example when I was using a samsung phone. I don't dislike MiFavor per se but the problem is optimization and introducing features that bring more complications than benefits.

For instance I use a A2017G in french: the translation work is so appaling that you don't understand what the features ZTE baked in actually do (they also lack polish and basic UX forethought). ZTE even introduced in B03 a power management "feature" that just kill your running app when the screen is locked... and you can't disable it for system apps (the whole google apps too...), that's just beyond stupidity (we aren't in 2010 anymore). Why won't they just instead refine the current interface to be clearer and more efficient like in EMUI?

On top of that, the RAM management is still erratic, you don't really know what exactly killed your background app: is it some "feature" or the system... that's quite infuriating. (I don't even talk about the "smart power mode" whose effect is unknown, guessed at best)

That's that kind of thing that make people want going full stock, furthermore power users want to customize everything themselves so they don't mind so much the lack of features, but people who just want something polished with more possibilities out of the box are kind of left out.

While some little neat features like the gesture ones or for instance more way of using the fingerprint scanner are nice and actually don't cause that much of collateral damage.

So I just hope that with Nougat, ZTE won't try to overdo it and will optimize what they already did well.

• It is logical to just improve the MiFlavor UI, similar to what HTC does with Sense UI. MiFlavor is not that bad currently. Some few issues here and there that the community already pointed out needs to be fixed.

I agree, I would prefer companies to only add changes that are not built into android but NEVER remove or completely change stock elements

• gentlemusergentlemuser DFWPosts: 138 ✭✭✭✭

I use Nova Launcher,  but I've decided that i like pretty well what MiFavor does with its version of Android.  Touchwiz had ruined some things on my Note 4 with the Marshmallow update,  especially default applications.

I do miss my phone vibrating when you pick it up and it has an unread notification.  Great option!!

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree , I am a big fan of Nova Launcher also

Without Nova launcher I would be lost, been using it since Android 4.0 > Always will be my absolute favorite launcher

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 499 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

make a cool rom but otherwise i like the stock one. I like some of the features added in other brands devices though.  Maybe even hook up with Cyanogenmod and see if they'd like to work with you to help you create your own thing

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I loved CyanogenOS on my older OnePlus One.

Me too

• Yes, I agree, put stock android on all zte phones.

I use Nova Prime for customization and the fact you can back it up and use on the next phone.

Nova Prime is the king no doubt when it comes to launchers

I have Nova prime also. I am currently using Action 3 launcher. I like it better than Nova in some ways.

The scrolling is smoother on my device with Action. Also, I like the pure black app drawer.  Otherwise, you are right they are similar.

I will give it a try thanks 

This discussion has been closed.