Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Do you use a Lock Screen?

Comments

• scott_mscott_m Schaumburg, IL USAPosts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

People ask strangers to take a picture of them with their phones all the time.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in love with the finger print ...... and use it all the time.

• shadowsportsshadowsports United StatesPosts: 113 ✭✭✭✭✭

No lock screen.  Sounds great until you misplace, leave or lose your device.  I personally have way to much personal information on my device not to have a lock screen (strictly speaking from a personal stand point), not to mention its been required by every employer I've worked with since about 2012. The fingerprint unlock is awesome.  I use a PIN too.  I'd employ a lock screen even on a rooted device. Nothing is foolproof.

I understand everyone uses their device differently and has different needs... but as an IT professional, I'd be remiss if I didn't practice what I preached.  Its just part of a layered security strategy that has to be used/enforced to maintain privacy, security and protect my personal information.  In addition, I don't save username or passwords behind a lock screen for most apps, and definitely not for anything to do with finance, or administering email or the domain.  Again, we all use our devices differently.  Since a breech like this could impact my reputation or ability to earn a living, I  don't take chances, nor would I recommend it to others.  I'd use a lock screen and employ a layered security approach in several aspects of my life.        

Yes, I agree with you, a lock screen is mandatory.   Heck I even change up which finger I use each week..... I guess I'm a little strange......

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My work forces me to use a lock screen in order to read my Outlook email.  But I would use one anyway if they didn't force me to.

• zeedezeede Posts: 182 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we NOT talk about ​ and the nude selfies he may or may not have already taken, or make take in the future?

Thanks.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,248 mod

lol Now that's funny ​ Although I always use a lockscreen I do believe it is important to have the option to disable it. I haven the lock screen disabled for both of my parents devices. They don't have any super secret files or pictures on there. Just talk, watch youtube and take pictures of the kiddos. It does make it easier for the to pickup their device and do what it is they want to do in less steps.

So have I

My father has my old HTC M7 my mother has an old flip phone but uses a Toshiba tablet with no lockscreen I believe.  I ways try to set their electronics up as simple as possible.

​ the M7 and M8 were good devices at the time, my M8 and was getting so sluggish and I couldn't wait for an upgrade. Now after using the Axon 7 and the bigger 2K screen I could never go back! 

Same here!!!

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I used to never use a lockscreen, but now with the ease of use of the fingerprint sensor that is what I have transitioned to...

Deleted.... Had a brain fart

Don't get me wrong I can't stand having to use a lockscreen, but I had to adapt due to the option being gone. It'd be nice to have that option as Android is supposed to be all about options and customization..

Nevermind, sorry for the hassle. I had a brain fart and just realised that your post was from August.

This discussion has been closed.