Would you meet us at CES 2017 (Jan 2 - 4)?

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can't arrive until the 3rd.  It was cheaper than flying out on the 2nd, and saves me an extra day of hotel costs since I am staying until Sunday for all of CES. Looking forward to ZTE stuff though!

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes the sooner the better...the longer we wait the more expensive it gets.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agree... especially airfare and hotel... the later we purchase those, the more expensive things might get.

• mrknight85mrknight85 United StatesPosts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

its going to cost me and my wife $1500 for hotel and airfare as of right now i rather just have to pay for her

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is huge sale going on over at Southwest Airlines!!!

Great Prices on Flights to Vegas!!!

Southwest Airlines 3-Day Sale: Select One-Way Flights - Slickdeals.net

I'll take a look in to this thanks

I had already booked, but I checked, and sadly, airports close to me don't have deals to Vegas.  Now, if I wanted to go to Baltimore, Maryland, they have a killer $49 deal!

wow thats messed up

Any updates this week?

not as of yet

Yeah, I am still waiting for any details as well.  Where is everybody staying?

• chuckbortchuckbort Chuck United StatesPosts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wherever ZTE puts me!!

Wishful thinking.

Hoping for details soon. Would be nice to know where to look for accommodations and flights. I know they are working hard on this.

I'm not going to make the 2nd, I get in late morning on the 3rd (provided no flight delays).  So I should be able to make that afternoon and dinner, then the group outing on the 4th.

Since I already have a hotel and flight, and I am not sure what ZTE can do for me.  But I look forward to meeting everyone.  I am staying until the morning of the 8th if anybody else is going to CES as well and wants to meet up.

yeah flight and hotels are getting more expensive and the date gets closer

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I'm not a flying kind of person so I would be sitting on a bus LOL. Expensive expensive

If you live far from Vegas, either flying, bus, train, or driving yourself could be expensive...

Any info on this yet, ​?

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We're still pushing, but no official start for the contest yet. It's getting close to November so we're equally uncomfortable. If all goes well, we'll have an update later in the week.

just pick me im ready

My lowest flight has gone from $179 a week ago to $310 this week for the same flight   Thanks for being so diligent though

Am I the only one who has booked fully yet?  Show of hands?

• kennedy0201kennedy0201 MainePosts: 744 ✭✭✭✭✭

​, the bus price isn't too bad. I live in Maine so its quite far, but it I wait and buy on an off day, the tickets round trip are around $280. Plus I get a discounted price off of that. The expensive part would be anything in Vegas, Lol

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

​ lol I saw $260 one-way on the bus 78 hour ride times 2, making it 156hours round trip $520. You can get a flight round trip $480, and only 8hours, 16 RT

I can't imagine riding on a bus to Vegas from Maine... That's just too far for a bus ride; rather pay extra and take a plane to save on time. Depending on what you do in Vegas, it's not always expensive

I haven't booked anything...

I haven't booked anything because:

1. I don't know if I can afford to

2. I want to be close to the Hotel that ZTE is at, if not in it, and don't know where that is yet

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,247 mod

I'm with you   too many unknowns right now to book that trip   

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yep

• petershihpetershih ZTE Fanatic United StatesPosts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There's an important budget meeting on Wednesday to finalize our proposal, which includes big bucks. Your Mod Squad has been advocating for ways to subsidize travel costs for our most active and loyal customers. We're hoping for the best results and will update when we have the green light.