Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Would You Pay a Small Fee (Less Than $20) For a Stock Android OTA Download Option?

Comments

• I would pay for updates to the new version their ui beyond two years because I know Zte need to make money they shouldn't support devices beyond the two year period for free people need to understand that OEMs don't make money off of the things we buy off the playstore only on the device unless they offer other services like data back up or warranty programs. I think we need to understand google supports its phones beyond 2 years because they get the money from adds and  purchases from the playstore.

• beaugartbeaugart United StatesPosts: 126 ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely would just to get the Nougat features ZTE stripped.

Yup, still salty over the lack of quick tiles and Android Easter egg among other things.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

listen to ​, he's a smart man

Also, a broken clock is right twice a day

• I do not need to pay for something is already there, just do not bloat the phones with redundant apps and let us  clean the phone if we do not want the apps, i prefer to use a slim OS for better Speed and Power consumption. too many background process from apps I didnt even use, install or want in my phone by default.

Same here, but very few OEMs allow us to do it, unfortunately.

• amcantechamcantech United StatesPosts: 19 ✭✭✭

Don;t ask for more money, I already paid for the phone. It was your choice to go out and sponsor all those YouTube Videos. It would be very nice to have, with that being said.

The Unbox Therapy one and Linus Tech Tips, giving them free phones (which is fine) and then paying then to give positive reviews.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

​ Agreed and I nominate you to start it, lol Off Topics though please

While I cannot divulge my source, and people can choose to believe me or not, there are certain blogs and reviewers that I know for a fact get paid to like certain items in their reviews. That's all I'll say about it, but don't think that it doesn't happen.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

believe you

I have no idea if ZTE would do such a thing or not.  But with the market the way it is these days, an OEM might not have a choice anymore.

For all those with the replies to my thread, here are two videos, Unbox Therapy, who ios shady as anything: The Best Sounding Smartphone Ever? - YouTube . He didn't mention the notification bulb, like the other reviewers, and didn't go into detail about the camera or the fingerprint sensor. (Basically, avoid ing all the so/so pieces of the Axon 7.

In this video by LTT, they sponsored his trip to china. He is a bit more authentic, but it is still a sponsored video. ZTE AXON 7 Review - Flagship Wannabe? - YouTube

• saxmansaxman Posts: 142

What do paid reviews have to do with this thread/poll? I'm just curious since I started the poll.

Not to do with the poll. To do with a side comment about companies paying for positive reviews.

• the point here is, their cost is the same for them to put the stock android or their version of the OS, they do not need to invest on another user interface that the user is not going to use because the user is trying to use Stock android OR is going to use a Third party UI that work better because the ones that design UI is the only thing they do, and that is why is better.

I moved from Asus Zenphone to Axon (and because i like the better Audio, and thats why i got the mini rather than the AX7), and the reason was they are always patching their apps, redundant apps to the OS, Samsung is doing the same, trying to create a "new" feature to cloning an already existent Android stock App or feature. that involves money spent on things that does not matter for the company, ZTE Please do a good hardware, Verify that is completely compatible with the OS, optimize the Hardware drivers, make it work better and costumer will be happier. dont waist time developing what is not you main businesses.

This discussion has been closed.