Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What's your must-have feature on phones?

What's your must-have feature on phones? 44 votes

IR Blaster
0% 0 votes
Fingerprint
13% 6 votes
AMOLED
6% 3 votes
Removable battery
2% 1 vote
Waterproofness
6% 3 votes
Physical buttons
0% 0 votes
SD Card
20% 9 votes
Outstanding camera
4% 2 votes
Outstanding battery
15% 7 votes
Outstanding DAC/Speakers
18% 8 votes
Other (comment!)
11% 5 votes

Comments

• I wast thinking of outstanding cpu, but it's not listed.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Kids pics but in reality a combo of the choices.

• You could add outstanding software...

or customizability, or possibility to flash ROMs.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding reception. Because I still use a phone as a phone.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

the phone

remember that feature where you can dial a number and a person on the other end hears your voice and they speak and you can hear their voice.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A must have would be front facing speakers, followed second by the camera- its got to be a decent camera its doesnt have to be the most outstanding in the world but has to take good photo. Then the third for me would be the fingerprint sensor as now that a lot of apps support its use it has become a huge convenience.

• twinturboztwinturboz SocalPosts: 219 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Axon variant with CyanogenMod-like OS would be a hot seller.  Stock android+ would be tits.

• mousemouse Posts: 85 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess they were asking about "physical features" here. Frankly, for a "flagship" all of the features listed in this survey is pretty much expected as standard. That, i believe, is the result of the fierce competition in the smartphone industry and I guess the consumer wins in that regard.

Software on the other hand is where I believe ZTE is lagging behind the competition. Weak frankly.

Flexibility is a huge deal IMO, so your "out of the box" experience must be on point. The ability to change, add, delete, modify apps/UI/launcher etc, that come standard on a new phone is a big winner.

Mifavor needs a lot of work, but I would not dump it completely. ZTE needs to personalize it's products and not be just like (..Samsung, Apple etc etc)

Finally ZTE, in all my years of working in customer services, I have realized that some of the best ideas come from "complainers".

The key is to listen carefully and leave your emotions out of it. Never take a complaint personally, if it has merit, fix it fast!

This discussion has been closed.