Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Would You Be Interested In A SmartCase?

2»

Comments

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not interested in folio cases in the slightest. I thought HTC made some cool ones with the dot view and ice case, but I'd still never use one.

• msieger2018msieger2018 United StatesPosts: 104 ✭✭✭✭

I think it should obey screen timeout settings so it doesn't accidentally lock your screen. I'm somewhat interested because I hate folio cases, but if it adds features to ur phone (like a battery or multi-tool case)  I would love it. My current case I bought for protection from drops. It is made from polycarbonate as the outer shell and TPU gel for the inner shell. The case is black, ugly, and bulky, but the axon 7 doesn't have a slimmer rugged or any military rated cases.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not really into cases. I like a minimal case at most.

Yes, that is why I have a minimalist case on my A7,  lol.

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

My luck If I did that I would end Up Dropping It On the floor and SMASH! !

• cyruscyrus Posts: 7 ✭✭✭✭

1. If you are interested in a SmartCase, please select one of the options below and leave a comment telling us why.

I'm interested in one because it can provide convenient features if properly implemented like Samsung's smart cases.

2. Would you prefer to let the SmartCase lock your screen when you close the cover no matter the screen lock time setting or to let theSmartCase obey your screen lock time setting?

Generally it should follow the screen lock setting, instantly locking should be a separate option for it. Speaking of screen lock timing, selecting one on the Axon 7 (2017U B29) instead of instant lock can result in the fingerprint scanner not working temporarily and the physical button has to be used.

3. Could you tell us more about your current phone case? What’s the main purpose for you to use a phone case? What does it look like? What material is it made from? Why did you choose it? If you could share a photo with us that ould be very helpful.

Currently I just use an old PSP cloth pouch to hold my Axon 7 along with its provided silicon case because I haven't been able to find anything decent for the Axon 7 that ships to Canada. The support for this phone is almost non-existent.

For my previous phone (Galaxy S5) I used a the official Samsung smart flip cover with the window, whatever it was called. Being able to use the phone through the window and having functions such as answering by flipping it open (though that could be done through the window) was very convenient.

• hakimfaroukhakimfarouk Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaPosts: 2

Just a rubber case with tempered glass protection is enough for me. Too much of a hassle having to flip open everytime I want to play with my phone.

• tomhardytomhardy Posts: 133 ✭✭✭✭✭

I commented on the overall question a while back.  I'm prefer a flip case for better protection and the wake/sleep feature that saves considerable battery life.  For example, if you have the sleep time set to one minute and open the case five times per hour over a six hour period you gain 30 minutes of battery life and don't need to use the fingerprint scanner.  Have a Nexus 5X with a wake/sleep  flip case that adds almost no weight or size and has no window.  I've been looking all over for a windowless wake/sleep case for the A7 with no luck.  ZTE makes exactly what I'm looking for, but just for the Axon/Axon Pro. 

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only reason I buy a case is for drop protection. This case would not suffice.

• phydeuxphydeux Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't use cases because I'm very careful with my devices.  However, if I were to use a case, it would be one that adds PMA charging capability because wireless charging is amazing.

• poohbiwonpoohbiwon USAPosts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer clear TPU cases because I like to admire the craftsmanship of the phones I buy.

am like you. I really don't like cases. I also put one on when I go outside, especially when I ride my Harley. 

This discussion has been closed.