Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Organizing All Those Apps

2»

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like everything but the Seahawks icon, ​.  Just kidding! Nice look and well organized!

• msieger2018msieger2018 United StatesPosts: 104 ✭✭✭✭

I like to be able to hide some apps from the app tray and keep others in.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I do not really use folders as I don't want to have to take an additional step to access an application, I use the stock launcher's app drawer, and for the home screens, I keep the same layout on all of my devices.

This means that each home screen has the same icons in the same positions, thus I can practically launch an app and navigate the screens with my eyes closed.

Less commonly used apps are left in the app drawer, and if I need them, I will use either the voice control function on the Axon 7, or just open the app drawer to launch it.

Old screenshot but my home screen has not really changed.

Most often used apps on on the main home screen, and less often used are on the home screens on either side of the main home screen. The other home screens beyond that, are largely task specific, for example, on one of them, I have all of my coupon and shopping apps, thus I can easily move between various store receipt rebate apps, as well as other store specific apps for puling up weekly circulars.

home screen.jpg

PS, due to the way I set up my home screens, this makes the need for n unlocked bootloader and root access far more important to me, as with proper access, I can backup the device to a level where I I can restore it to the exact state, as anyone could imagine, if you have many apps, arranging everything can take a while.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never use folders. I keep the ones I use the most on my home screen, and the rest in the drawer. I change launchers a lot, so they aren't always sorted the same way. Right now they're in alphabetical order. I frequently remove the ones I haven't used in a while. I can always get them from the store again if I need them.Screenshot_20170127-145707.png

• batman101batman101 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I leave the app drawer as is in alphabetical order.  I have a home screen set up the way I like with two other screen's I swipe through with different widgets​ and folders.

• mobilegeezermobilegeezer Chattanooga, Tennessee AreaPosts: 1,204 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I do the same.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's how I have mine as well.

Figured I'd send you a screenshot using Nova of my home screen.  I saw your setup and it  looked awesome.Screenshot_20170511-180806.png

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Cool wallpaper.

Thanks, Zedge has a ton of them for the upcoming new movie. I try to keep home screen minimal and two additional screen's open for weather, music widget's and app folders.

• tardisintimetardisintime Leavenworth, KSPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

In the tray they are just in alphabetical order, for ease of finding them. On my home screens, they are sorted by use. But I do use folder, News Apps are in a folder, Banking/Financial are in a folder, Gaming are in a folder, Music are in folder are so on.

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sort by categories ...

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2018 7:05PM

I used folders based on the type of apps they are- sports, tech, office, messaging, social media, photography etc.

• 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

While I don't use folders on my app tray I do sort apps on my screen. So each screen has a certain theme to it. For example, my home screen is All the apps I use daily, the screen to the right of my home screen is all media and music, while the screen to the left is tools and utilities. I also use folders to pair apps together that I think are very similar so for example I put the google drive and docs apps together in a folder as they are similar, but dont quiet serve the same purpose.

• MyhrddinMyhrddin United StatesPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not liking a bunch of icons filling up my home screens.. I have adopted keeping the main home screen with only the docked basic-use icons and generally a search widget and a time/date/weather widget. I do group some though.. paging left from main home I keep my personal bits.. eBooks, aBooks, Browser ..Entertainment bits in a group (Nova Launcher always so they look nice) and, another group for work-related ones. The page right of main home is where I put configs, security bits, and all the system-type apps in a couple of groups, with both the left & right ones having a few non-grouped icons for things I do all the time or most-frequently. And, if I don't use an app much, I don't keep it.. the risk of some future update having a bug that could make it vulnerable isn't worth keeping it around so, I try to keep things trimmed to only what I use and feel like managing ..the rest have to go, don't want 'em using up resources or starting arbitrarily running down my battery or using cpu cycles.

This discussion has been closed.