Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Which design do you prefer for the drop down menu ?

2»

Comments

• g808g808 United StatesPosts: 70 ✭✭✭✭✭

I voted for regular. Keeps it consistent and easy to view. Perhaps the new look as a setting option?

• mellomello Cincinnat, OHPosts: 2

ZTE,

The new design would have been okay with me *IF* you changed your color sampling algorithm.

White text definitely isn't readable on a bright yellow bg...

You can make that yellow darker, but dark yellow is one nasty-a$$ color.

What you need to do is avoid colors that are generally unappealing.

You could sample the color as usual, and take only its hue. Then, find a darkness that best suits that color. Yellow will be brighter; purple will be darker, etc. Then, you need an algorithm to decide whether to use black or white text & icons on top of that, depending on the perceived brightness of the color. I suppose you'd need some RGB-HSV conversions, but YIQ would work great too.

If ZTE doesn't do this or something similar, it'll be in my custom ROM if I ever get around to making one.  

• I like how it is, I like how it identifies that you can see how the popdown is easy to see, it different then the main color. I could see users, not realizing the pop down is active.

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

I voted for new design sometimes different is better and I like that it keeps the background a little better in view, translucent is the way to go.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting that the votes are almost literally split down the middle.

It's not a big deal to me really either way, but I chose the old way because it seems like the new way
    with a translucent background might be more difficult to see in bright sunlight conditions.
    The old opaque screen is also easier to read in general I think.

This discussion has been closed.