Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Would You Be Interested In a Dual Camera Smartphone ?

Comments

• My Nintendo 3Ds has a duel Cam that shoots 3D pictures will a duel Cam phone do that?

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The original HTC Evo 3D did it, but none since then.  This was one of my favorite phones.  HTC Evo 3D (Sprint) review - CNET

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

I liked the Evo 3d at the time too!  Loved the 3D Spiderman app that was included and it was fun playing with the 3D aspects to of the camera.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Same here.  My kids at the time thought it was way cool. I wonder if 3D will ever gain popularity on handheld devices other than the 3DS.

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if one of them was an optical zoom like on the iPhone 7 (but with OIS and the same aperture on both, unlike the iPhone 7). That I would be extremely interested in. I don't see the point for anything else as the Huawei P9 setup from what I've read sounds like more of a gimmick that doesn't actually produce top notch photos.

I agree, if one,  2, or 6 cameras gives me a terrific photo right out of the gate I'll take any one of them    

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed,  good pics is all I care about.

• chui84chui84 Houston,TxPosts: 28

If it improves picture quality of course!! Bit not as a "in thing" design.

• nthall350nthall350 Kansas City, MissouriPosts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily. I would rather have one good one. I have cameras for critical shots. I don't use my phone. It's conveinient to have one in the phone for candid shots.

• hakimfaroukhakimfarouk Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaPosts: 2

I'm definitely onboard with the dual camera. It'd be nice to be able to shoot nice bokah shots but OIS is important as well. It's a no for me if the dual cam has no OIS.

• yes ..I would like to see a ZTE smartphone with Dual Camera setup. There are so many reasons to have dual camera in my smartphone. First of all is Refocusing!! Yes, Refocus is working great with dual camera. Example: Huawei P9. Second is, In Depth of Field. The duo sensors do this very well. Third is Monochrome. So it is better to have dual camera.

PS: OIS is much needed than dual camera

• yes mate. OIS is a need

• maineferraromaineferraro MainePosts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have a hard enough time using 1 camera , lol so 2 of them would set me back about a month

I don't think dual cameras would be that difficult to use. Depending on what the extra lens is for, it should a. automatically enhance quality, b. allow for selection of depth of field effects if so desired, or c. in the case of iPhone 7, be easily selected for zoom.

I think it would be real nice to get some great photos /video with the depth of field capabilities of a second camera.  You can achieve some great results.

• maineferraromaineferraro MainePosts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

At work i take pictures of the jobs when they are completed , i have a really good camera in my truck , so i guess for me , the phone camera is more for spur of the moment pictures when i dont have a camera , i do like the idea of always having 1 camera with me , i just dont think i would use 2 , but thats just me , i see a lot of good reasons others have posted about having 2 cameras ,

• I may be an outlier here, but I would prefer to have a single outstanding camera. Being familiar with the new iPhone setup as well as owning a few dual camera devices, it comes off as more of a novelty than a power feature. A few pros would be multi-angle shots, 3D effect, and refocusing after the shot. There are significantly more cons however, another lens to scratch/break, greater energy consumption, thicker/bulkier devices, higher manufacturing costs, possible lower DxOMark, additional framework complication.

If one was to consider a dual camera device, I would focus on features such as Project Tango. Take a page from Microsoft and provide Kinect like features for 3D scanning or spatial awareness.

I don't really see how an extra lens would consume that much more energy, make the device bigger, etc. I think the reason why it seems more of a novelty so far perhaps is because this a new feature that hasn't been fully implemented/integrated yet? The second zoom lens on the iPhone for example is not as good and does not have OIS, so that may be why.

I would of course also rather have one great camera rather than two mediocre, as would most, but it should be possible to have both be good. I use the zoom lens on my dslr all the time, so I would love having an optical zoom on my phone as well.

​ SURE! Just send one my way lol

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

I heard they really take good pictures but I personally not a picture taking person but there are many out there that are.

This discussion has been closed.