Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What excites you most

msieger2018msieger2018 United StatesPosts: 104 ✭✭✭✭
<body><p>Just want some insight and I'm bored</p><p>​<a __default_attr="6123" __jive_macro_name="user" class="jive-link-profile-small jive_macro jive_macro_user" data-id="6123" data-objecttype="3" data-orig-content="hollap" data-type="person" href=""></a>​<a __default_attr="5851" __jive_macro_name="user" class="jive-link-profile-small jive_macro jive_macro_user" data-id="5851" data-objecttype="3" data-orig-content="fzrrich" data-type="person" href=""></a>​<a __default_attr="2369" __jive_macro_name="user" class="jive-link-profile-small jive_macro jive_macro_user" data-id="2369" data-objecttype="3" data-orig-content="aerospaceman" data-type="person" href=""></a>​</p></body>

What excites you most 108 votes

Screen - gotta get that front real estate
19% 21 votes
RAM - dem games should run as smooth as possible
1% 2 votes
Processor - Make my phone last forever
14% 16 votes
Camera - too lazy to get a DSLR, but look at these photos
18% 20 votes
Fingerprint/Retina Scanner - Paranoid someone will steal my phone and not wipe it
1% 2 votes
Speakers - Don't judge. I'm an audiophile
22% 24 votes
Wireless charging - cables were made by apple and therefore are bad
1% 2 votes
Company - I only trust brands I've heard much about
0% 0 votes
Other (explain below)
19% 21 votes

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What excites me most is seeing the new tech coming out in new phones every year. Iris scanners, VR, AR, dual cameras, every year there seems to be something new to talk about. I'm also excited about the direction ZTE is going in the US, and glad to be a part of it!

• syaoransyaoran Manassas, VA/Toronto, CanadaPosts: 185 ✭✭

I chose other because it's not just one particular thing.  You could have any of those but shove it in an iPhone looking device and I am not interested, especially if it's got that stupid big physical home button on the front of it.  A nice big QHD screen or SnapDragon 835 or even 6-8GB's of RAM just doesn't do it for me on its own.  It's a combination of all of the above in a lot of ways. 

• jose-mxljose-mxl SunnyvalePosts: 61

- I would be excited when you limit yourself to creating 1 poll a week.

About the phone, what excites me the most is the speakers and audio experience, it really makes the phone unique. All other features are nothing to talk about,

• msieger2018msieger2018 United StatesPosts: 104 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry. Got carried away with vacation and all.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Another poll?

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Camera and speakers!

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,254 mod

​ I selected "Other" It all impresses me!!!!  Keeping up with and exceeding my expectations on new devices while adding new innovative  features excites me. The love a nice bright crisp display, the build quality, look and feel. A snappy experience along with ...of course......GREAT SPEAKERS     but really is a combination of all of the above. Even if the speakers were not front facing I would still think it is important two speakers, one on top and one towards the bottom to create some terrific sound for media and daily interaction.

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

I fully agree with you, except for the front facing speakers being optional. That is one of the standout features and the first thing many look for. The HTC 10 speaker arrangement, like jimlloyd40 said, is just bad.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The screen, front facing speakers, the SD 820, 64 Gigs plus Expandable Memory and the camera as well. I have found that the camera takes awesome photos in good lighting and will also take good pics in low light if you use the manual mode.  Overall I couldn't be happier that I bought the Axon 7 over the One+.

• mbobmbob Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

Other: Software.  Sadly I always seem to be compromising with Android builds.

​ I hear what you are saying, I played around with the HTC 10 and didn't purchase for the same reason. However, I recently purchased a Huawei Media Pad M3  and watched a lot of youtube reviews  Huawei MediaPad M3 Review: The best media tablet? - YouTube and they all agree how great the speakers sound one on top and one on the bottom. I LOVE front firing speakers but if I got the same form factor with a bigger screen and speakers on the very top and bottom that still sounded as amazing as front firing speakers....well a guy can dream can't he 

​    This is why I may modify my front facing speaker be all mentality. I ordered one for my mom for Christmas and then my wife talked me into getting one for our family $299 on sale now at $239. I had to jump on it. I'll let you know how good  they sound  with that setup when I get my hands on it in a few days.

• gentlemusergentlemuser DFWPosts: 138 ✭✭✭✭

Red heads!!!!!

Just sayin'.......

It is the most rare form of women! 

Sorry,  I was coloring outside the lines.....

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

Display size is most important for me, and then front speakers.

I also want to say that although some may not care for polls, or even questions, it is your choice to answer the threads you choose. Just as it is every members right to create polls, questions, or discussions as they choose. Please try to be courteous, and remember we are all here for the same purpose

• For me what excites me is the total package and the value of the package.  It looks like ZTE came hungry to compete in the U.S. market.  ZTE reminds me of Hyundai 15 years ago.  Their cars were excellent and they had amazing bang for the buck.  Now they are a major player in the U.S.  My guess is that we'll be saying the same about ZTE fairly soon.

Yes,  but the early Hyundais were junk!!  Let's hope ZTE got off to a better start.....

• aprilfoolaprilfool CanadaPosts: 51 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ... NO! You are wrong. You are a madman!  Blondes are best!!!..... They're the best.... must have.... blondes.....!!BLONDE BABES!!!!!
  • clocksclocks ColoradoPosts: 39

Phones are an interesting device, they have evolved from a fashionable way to make a call on the go to a device that is more tied to many different types of activities.  In the same way I would be challenged to answer "what is the most important part of your PC" by selecting just memory or processor or whatever, I cannot do so here.

For me, its a balance of a few things:

• I have investments in the android ecosystem, lets not lose that money, apps, configurations, etc.
    • My apps need to run buttery smooth.  When I go from email to my browser and back, I want it to just work.  Whether you do that through some software customization and good drivers from your vendors or through lots of beefy hardware, I don't care.  That's what I'm looking for.
    • I own a DSLR.  My phone, however, has taken easily 20 times as many pictures in the last year, probably way more than that.  Which means I don't necessarily need a carl zeiss phantasmagorical camera du jour, but it needs to not suck.  Not suck in this case means I can crop down to 75% of the frame and still be ok with photo quality, i can snap a picture on a dim (but not dark) street and not lose all detail, and if my daughter is walking across the room, I should be able to get her mid-stride with only minimal blurring.  I don't need perfect colors but they should be close enough I can adjust in lightroom without major artifacts.
    • I listen to music and carry headphones all the time in the $160-300 price classes, depending on what I am doing.  I don't need chipsets that can drive $1k ridiculousness for the ears, but rather expect to not feel like I am listening to music through mud.  A little bit of tonal variance, whatever, but drive low-resistance headphones with adequate volume and 'reasonably' crisp tones.  I dont need a concert hall on an airplane.  I do need to be able to hear a guitar versus a piano in the song.
  • kifinnsson@gmail.com[email protected] Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 13

Community engagement! It's what a true android enthusiast really wants. Google made a major misstep with the pixel line and alienated their dev community.

This discussion has been closed.