Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

What excites you most

Comments

• kifinnsson@gmail.com[email protected] Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 13

Pricing mostly going from a very stock experience to a custom more google centrist model. Verizon as the only official carrier and the marketing therein.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with all three of these points.

Price.  Just way too much for the specs produced.  Let's face it, the cost of a device is hardware. How can Oneplus, LeEco, ZTE, and others price at half the cost for the same components?

Stock. They are moving away from the stock experience that made the Nexus line so intriguing in the first place. Alienating people along the way.

Carrier.  Though you can get it carrier unlocked, many people (including myself) despise Verizon. And since you can get it unlocked, what's the point of even offering through Verizon?

But they are not offering it at a discount, they are offering financing which you can get through the google store anyway. So you get an inferior device on an overpriced network.

All carriers are moving away from it with the rate that people are upgrading it just makes more sense to not bind people into contracts for hardware and it put more money into the carriers products. I'm not saying anything about the hardware it's a great flagship hardware wise. The Oneplus 3T ($439.00) upgrades to a Snapdragon 821 and has 6GB of RAM vs the 4 on the Pixel as the Axon 7 Premium save for that model having the 820. Yes the camera on the Pixel is amazing but there were issues with the shipping software (lens flare). If google had kept the pricing in line with the former Nexus line then we would not even be having this discussion outside of the boosted ram. What I am saying is that it's a break from the Nexus model and that has alienated the community that relied on the Nexus line as the reference hardware for Android development. Those devs on a budget will move to other OEMs noe with  OnePLUS being the current leader. ZTE based upon it's actions is trying to break into this market; the litmus test will be if they listen to the community and provide stock android in the upcoming Nougat release. If they provide a close to AOSP stock ROM and kernel (and that looks to be the direction they are headed) then we will be in a very good place.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Same here,  I couldn't care less what Verizon does a long as T-Mobile continues to improve upon what the 3 other big vcarriers here in the US do which is continue to be happy with the status quo. So as long as T-Mobile continues to give me the best services for my money and continues to shake up the industry,  I'm happy. (I know this post is 6 days late but oh well lol )

I agree with you ​ and I can't even get T-Mobile in my area because of coverage. 

Not yet, but I may do some testing after the Holidays.  One of my coworkers who lives closer to the city has T-Mobile, and says it's improved a ton over the past year.  So I may do some war driving and determine if it's acceptable in my area now

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Less pointless polls...

• tomhardytomhardy Posts: 133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other-Having both USA and Europe bands in one device.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

All of it.  Period.  Lol!

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

OK,  OK,  I'll omit company.  As I give chances somewhat.   Thankfully ZTE I had heard of.     

Hey I gave Ulefone a chance. 

• ooklathemokooklathemok Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't like polls, why did you click on it? It's clearly marked. No one forced you to be here. Take control of your life, stop being a victim.

• maineferraromaineferraro MainePosts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol man i should have looked at the question closer

• I really like the software of phones. Really wish the Axon 7 came with Nougat from the start.

• maineferraromaineferraro MainePosts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had T-Mobile when we first moved to Maine & it was bad , couldnt use our phones at the house , was good in town , but we live in the sticks and couldnt use them , dont know if they changed fro the better out here yet

• lubesterlubester Posts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭

i chose other, because it's a combination of things.  having +'s and -'s, also performance to price ratio is another huge thing that i consider.  while the axon7 may not be the best phone in the world, i find it to be the best bang for the buck phone out there for my needs . 

• xblackdemonxxblackdemonx CanadaPosts: 102 ✭✭✭✭
    Wireless charging?

What wireless charging? The Axon 7 doesn't have that.

I keep looking into it as it's getting better in my area. But for now it's a no-go.

Why not?  LOL...no...on second thought, don't answer that ​!

• nibiru2012nibiru2012 Austin TXPosts: 343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charlize Theron or Angie Harmon 

I love square-shouldered women! 

32c73b28-cc2b-477c-84c3-d5d7035e4410.jpg  136687963613jpg136730849919.jpg

• ooklathemokooklathemok Posts: 282 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we're going to do this, let's do it right... Alexandra Daddario

This discussion has been closed.