Using provided clear case?

rimz808rimz808 Kailua, HIPosts: 48
<body><p>I find the provided clear case a wonderful, thin clear case that gives the phone a nice look. Yes granted it will not provide drop protection, but I am very careful with my phone and with the warranty that Azon provides, <span style="background-color: #f3a8a3;">it is </span>not much of a concern for me.</p><p></p><p>I am curious to see what others think about the case and/or if you just placed it back in the box and never will use it again. </p><p></p><p>Me personally I have a Spigen case as well that I switch back and forth, depending on what I am doing. </p></body>

Using provided clear case? 141 votes

Using the provided case as my daily case
58% 83 votes
Dislike the case - placed it back in the box and or stored it away
10% 15 votes
Use the case in conjunction with another case - switching back and forth
17% 25 votes
Brought a different third party clear case that is much better - if so, what case?
12% 18 votes

Comments

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I bought the clear case below by LIKESEA for my wife's A7.  It is still fairly thin, but definitely thicker than the original case provided by ZTE with some additional protection on the corners for drops.  Other benefits include better grip on the sides, and that the button covers don't stick quite as far out from the sides which has reduced accidental presses.

Amazon.com: LIKESEA Premium Soft TPU Silicone Gel Protective Case Cover with Shock-Absorption Function for ZTE Axon 7, A…

• johnorionjohnorion New YorkPosts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the clear case. It has a nice feel to it and gives the phone the grip it badly needs with the metal case but because of its lack of drop protection I went with a 3rd party case .. couldn't vote because .. it would have been the last choice but the case I got isn't clear.

I have tried a cheap case off Amazon .. then got the Spigen.. I liked that one too ... but as of now I'm using a Poetic case .. It seems to have the most drop protection but it comes with a built in screen protector that I am not enjoying and will probably remove and go back to a DeltaShield film style protector. I haven't had the case for too long .. It hasn't even been put in my pocket once yet and there is already to large scratches on it plus it doesn't seem to lie flush on the screen causing touch responsiveness for me not to be that great at times.

I do like the Poetic case the best .. it makes me feel the safest out of all that I have tried so far. I had my S3 for over 3 years and never dropped it once but .. I decided to remove the case and with my luck... ended up dropping it for the first time a day later. So the chances of me dropping this phone is slim .. I still feel that the Poetic will give me the best chance for survival out of the cases I have used if I happen too.

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

I use the clear case that came with the phone I like the color of the phone to hide it.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My phone arrived yesterday and the only thing I've done is charge it.  I refuse to work with it until my Poetic Revolution case arrives.  I'm not taking any chances on dropping it and screwing up my brand new Axon 7 Limited Ed.  I would have bought an OtterBox Defender case if they made one for this phone.  I have my Galaxy Note 2 in an OtterBox and it still looks brand new after 4 years of daily use.

• rimz808rimz808 Kailua, HIPosts: 48

are you prone to dropping your phone? or do your work conditions make it so that you could? the provided case offers good grip protection. use it till your other case arrives.

• The clear case that came with the device is, in my opinion, a wonderful case. As mentioned already it doesn't provide much if any drop protection. That being said its nice and thin and compliments the phone perfectly. I use the case as my daily case as long with a more rugged clear case when I'm out where accidents can happen.

• lubesterlubester Posts: 80 ✭✭✭✭✭

i use the clear case from time to time, but mostly this cheap thin case i got on amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLX512C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

f3WhZLtl.jpg

5Ft8OPsl.jpg

• kidnovakidnova Posts: 435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the provided case was fine, but as you stated it provides absolutely no drop protection.  The other complaint my wife had was that while the sticky surface of the case provided grip, it also caused difficulty when trying to slide the phone into a pocket or some other small holder.  A textured TPU case provides functional grip without the same drawback, imo.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

No, I'm not prone to dropping things.  In fact, I am an extremely careful person.  Even with my old Note 2 in an OtterBox, I maybe dropped it 1 or 2 times in the 4 years I've had it.  But it only takes one accident to ruin a phone.  I think I can hang on for a day or two to prevent possibly ruining my brand new phone.   We have tile everywhere and it would be very unforgiving. 

• lekeiserlekeiser Posts: 75 ✭✭✭✭

I tried many cases, and I'm always back with the Spigen case. The best for me, the one that has the best look AND the best protection.

I've tried the Poetic case, and didn't like it at all. First because I already have a screen protection, so the plastic glass was too much. Also because the case is a hard one. I prefer a case that has a more rubber feel, this way if the phone was to fall down, it would absorb the shock better.

Same thing with the EverGreenBuying case, a hard case like the Poetic case. I like it better though, the little stand that could be useful.

I've tried another clear case as well, but... back with the Spigen

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,615 mod

I have several cases now, but still like the included case. I did but another clear case, it is a little stiff compared. The original may not be best for drops, but it looks nice, and does offer scratch protection, and lowers the risk of dings.

• diamonddavediamonddave United StatesPosts: 394 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been really happy with this case.  Noy as slick as the OEM and not a fingerprint magnet.

ZTE Axon 7 Clear Ultra-thin Soft Silicone TPU Cover Directly USA Fast Shipping! | eBay

• vzwcdmavzwcdma Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

I used the included clear case for a while, but replaced it with the black J&D case and then the Sprigen case.

• beaugartbeaugart United StatesPosts: 126 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it. When the flashlight is on it glows. Lol I also have a wallet case by J&D (the brown leather). Both look nice on the ion gold Axon 7.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't vote as no option fits my use. I only use a case (the one included ) once in a while like once every week or so basically when I am doing something where I feel like my phone needs to get more protection .

• hokiealhokieal Posts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also got that one.  It's very nice.

I also got another clear case from Amazon which is a lot nicer than the included one. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ITTP1QQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I prefer the Spigen.

• I bought my A7 fairly early on so the selection of cases left something to be desired. I used the included case for awhile and I was grateful for it. It offered some protection and plenty of grip for my brand new phone. Kudos to ZTE for including it.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm using the same Spigen case you are .

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you .

• I use the clear case daily for a slightly different reason.  I loathe keeping my phone in my pocket, so having a belt clip is a necessity.  There exists only ONE case that supports a belt clip and it has a design flaw that reboots the phone when the phone is "holstered". So, due to the similarity in size with the Pixel XL, I purchased a Pixel XL "case free" phone clip (by Encased brand) that, when used with the clear case on the Axon 7, actually holds the phone pretty well.  Not perfection, but darn near close.

This is the only phone that I've ever owned (and I have had dozens, literally) that I almost returned due to the lack of belt-carry enabled cases.  If one shops on Amazon, eBay and the like, look closely at all the cases that have a holster, they are identical except that they are renamed per whomever decides to sell it...

I emailed Seidio and Spigen to please make a belt clip enabled setup. They both responded that they received my request and will send it on to their design teams, but what that really means, I don't know.

So... I for one am very glad to have the included clear case and I use it as a daily driver!

• This is the case I use. I absolutely love it. Still fairly thin but much better protection than any case I've used including the spigen. There are axon 7 mini and regular cases in the line up, so make sure the one you choose does not say "mini" in the description.

Axon 7 Case, ZTE Axon 7 Case, MicroP(TM) Dual Layer Armor Hard Slim Hybrid Kickstand Phone Cover Case for ZTE Axon 7 (Gray Kickstand Case) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J9Y5CQO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_iRcvybSS921JT

• The included clear case should be available for purchase on the Axon website as an accessory.  I know once this one wears some, as all tpu cases do, I'll want another one. 

Clear is awesome to see all of this beautiful device. 

• I bought the Spigen Rugged Armour case for my phone. I didn't use the clear one, because it seems a bit thin, but it's great that they included it for those who are waiting for delivery of another case or who want a thinner case.

• rimz808rimz808 Kailua, HIPosts: 48

I was looking into that case as well, but looked like it was a bit bulky? Would you say same bulk or % wise more bulk than the Spigen?

Thanks,

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got my phone today.

I do think it's great ZTE included the free case. I like it, especially that it is clear.

I do plan to get another case that gives better drop protection. Probably the clear Cover On. I like the gold color of the phone and don't want to hide it.

• kyngoflyonzkyngoflyonz United StatesPosts: 183 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also purchased the Spigen rugged armour case and have had no problems thus far. I also have the Skinomi Techskin screen protector.  

• This case adds more bulk to the phone as it is a hard case with (some) shock absorbing features. However, in my opinion, it does not add so much bulk that it is distracting and it does not take away from the case at all either. There is some spots inside the case for shock absorbing, outside as well, a lip that is better than the spigen case (unless they updated their specs) and perfectly placed ports for earphone, charger and mic port on top. It comes with a kickstand ( i don't use it much unless I'm on crunchyroll or netflix and hulu) and the slot in back for the camera and finger print sensor is perfectly slotted. It makes me feel a lot safer with my phone than most of the thin tpu cases as they are very thin and only provide minimal protection.

By no means is this designed for you to drop your phone from high falls (it will save your phone more with standing positions than almost all thin tpu cases) and the lip will not protect your phones screen from rocks/pebbles on the ground. However, sitting positions-to-hard surfaces is where this case will outshine almost all cases out for this device. I say almost all because new ones are being added to the list at a very fast rate and someone is bound to produce something better at some point if they listen to us (hint hint ZTE).

The first few pictures below are to show the thickness of the case vs the phone. The case is somewhat hared to see as I took the pics with my sons phone but you can barely see the case behind it and on the sides to show how much more it sticks out. It's very minimal. After that we have the inside and the shock absorbing spots. The use the Triangle Method, 2 at the top left/right and one near the bottom center to "suspend" the phone within the case. The outer softshell lip, satisfyingly snaps the phone tight into the case and encompasses the phone by overlapping it as you would expect. There is ZERO movement of the phone inside this case. I only took a brief picture of the lip as I wasn't sure how to really get a pic that would show that off, however, you can see it and it is there. It's slightly thicker than a credit card and makes sure to suspend your phones screen when placed on a flat surface. If there is ever a glass screen protector produced for this phone that fits right (hint hint ZTE) this case would need a bigger lip.

Other than that, excuse the machine in the background, that's my vinyl cutter. I make t-shirts on the side (insert shameless Plug).

Enjoy, Hope this helps some.

IMG_20161217_002624.jpgIMG_20161217_002609.jpgIMG_20161217_002634.jpgIMG_20161217_002641.jpgIMG_20161217_002707.jpgIMG_20161217_002722.jpgIMG_20161217_002745.jpgIMG_20161217_003000.jpgIMG_20161217_002735.jpg

• Please check out my review above of my case. I love it. The case that is....the review isn't bad either in my opinion.

• scottlescottle Cincinnati, OhioPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭

I just recently purchased the Axon 7 (6+128) A2017U, but torn and not sure which case to get so far in researching on Amazon, this one seems like one of the top ones: Amazon.com: ZTE Axon 7 Holster Case, CoverON® [Explorer Series] Holster Hybrid Armor Belt Clip Hard Phone Cover For ZTE …